Aug 15, 2013

Call of Duty will allow you to shoot females now!

Because now you can customize your character and make a Female Soldier in MultiPlayer... I suppose that Solidus Feminist will spin this into something like I mentioned in the Title... Also she'll blame THE PATRIOTS  I mean The PATRIARCHY!!

I played Call of Duty online once... The experience sucked ass!! I'd call it more Call of Doody, but that joke is overplayed. Aside from being called Noob, and a bunch of colorful names and female body parts that would make a Drill Instructor blush... I was also called PonyBritishslangforCigarette, by a kid with a name like Master Chief bunch of random numbers surrounded by the letter x... Or was it GordonFreeman... The funniest thing is that it did not faze me. It's the internet, Multiplayer game where most meatheads and annoying teens play. Funniest thing is that MOST of the insults came from FEMALE PLAYERS...  but that's not the point.

The point is that this new Female Playable Character will open up Pandora's Box. If players can shoot female characters and upload their videos of them playing the game, then some people will claim Misogyny... Virtual abuse of Women. If they make Women characters "special" then people will complain about Female characters getting weird stats.

One thing I've hated about Recent WWE games is how they have made Female characters unplayable.
OK, so you couldn't play First Blood Matches with Females, ever... but you could have them in the Royal Rumble (When not in story Mode) Single Matches, Hardcore Matches, etc. Seriously, in the older Smackdown games (Here Comes the Pain) I had a Hannah Montana CaW that I used to beat the crap out of the biggest and meanest Wrestlers just for kicks. In the more Recent games, My Hannah CaW is USELESS. She can't fight in many matches and the little matches that she can, her opponent CAN BE DQ'd if her Male Tag Partner lays a finger on My Hannah CaW.

How does this have to do with CoD? Well, WWE games are giving Women "special treatment" which makes Female Characters Useless.
BUT if the Female Characters get no "Special Treatment" It's The Patriarchy keeping women down...
It's a Catch-22!

Then again, I expect to see a Bunch of snakes (Naked, Liquid, Solid, Plisskin) Piss poor Master Chiefs, a couple of Sam Fishers and Characters with Pony References...

Now don't get me wrong, I think it's a good idea to have a female character to be used in MultiPlayer... as long as they don't get special gameplay advantages for being Female characters. Then Again, I'm not going to play any other CoD game... Not my cup of tea...

No comments:

Post a Comment