Aug 11, 2013

HOLD IT!! OBJECTION!! TAKE THAT!! THE MOVIE!!

I may have mentioned once or twice the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney movie...
I saw it!

I won't review it... I'll just mention that it came out in 2012 in Japan and that it has found its way to Youtube with English Subs.



I'll keep this super short. If you've played the First Ace Attorney game, you know what to expect.
The movie is a retelling of the first Gyakuten Saiban game... (The Japanese game was originally for the GBA and consisted of the first four cases from the DS Version. Case 5 with Ema Skye was not part of the Original game)

It's pretty close to the game... I found myself yelling  Hold it!! Objection!! Take that!! at the screen at random intervals. The movie has a bunch of nods to the game in addition to being based on the game and following the plot of the game. (with some changes as in many adaptations. time issues/logistical reasons, etc.)

The only complaints I have are: Redd White who looks NOTHING like videogame Redd White.
while there IS some game music, I wish the arrangements had stayed closer to the game versions, cause I did NOT notice the music... I did NOT Notice the movie version of My Favorite Ace Attorney Theme...


If I were to rate it, I'd say a 6.5 because it IS a movie for Ace Attorney fans, but those who are not fans will find it a bit stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment