Mar 15, 2021

Why I won't watch Zack Snyder's Justice League:

 Or why I will wait a Long, Long time to watch it... 

I simply refuse to waste my time, bandwith, and money on a bad adaptation of the DC Universe. I've covered ad nauseum why Zack Snyder is not a good match for the DC Universe. But my main reason to not watch it ASAP is for the DC Universe's sake. I don't want to contribute to the misguided notion that TRUE DC fans want more of what Snyder is selling. Yes, I'm using the cliched "true fan argument", not because Snyder is not a fanbut becaise Snyder is a fake fan. He's not a fan but pretends he is and this is obvious on his style. Aside Frank Miller's warped deconstructions of DC characters, Snyder seems to NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT MAKES THESE CHARACTERS TICK.

I won't go too deep into details, on how Lex Luthor is coded as a closeted gay man, or how Snyder's Ayn Rand inspired views turned his "heroes" into selfish cowards. As a comic book fan in general, but with more than casual knowledge on Key DC players and with that knowledge, I can say that the product that Zack Snyder is delivering is not up to par with what the characters should be like. I want a Superman that inspires hope. Zack Snyder's vision does not. I want a Batman that inspires fear, but has enough strength of character to stick to his moral code, despite the fact that killing Joker would solve a lot of problems. I want a Lex Luthor that is intimidating because of his cunning, not by pissing in a jar. Long story short, I want my heroes to be heroic for no other reason than it's the right thing to do... or in Batman's case, so no other child has to suffer the same pain Bruce Wayne did when his parents were shot down. Snyder doesn't get that. He thinks that by putting easter eggs through the whole movie that he's being a fan. A true fan would understand WHY Superman does what he does and would've made sure Superman was LOVED in his universe BEFORE filming the Death of Superman. I better stop this point here, because this is not just a "Snyder sucks" rant.

Supporting this means thst I'd be supporting the toxic campaign by the Snyder cult. 
Before anyone says that "not all Snyder fans are toxic", just shut the hell up! You can do good thungs and be toxic as hell... case in point Joss Whedon. He has done lots of charity stuff, but he's a sexist prick!

FOUR HOURS for a movie that ends on a cliff-hanger with no plans for a sequel... seems like a waste of time. Especially since the DCEU was dead on arrival  (thanks to both WB and ZS). Now this Abomination should not exist... There never was a Snyder Cut... until he had to build one. Also, I wonder the legality of Snyder keeping raw footage or copies of it as he "not so secretly worked on it"... I mean the movie was "90% done, but it wasn't"... it's a mess, but won't be going into that again. 

SUPPORTING THIS equals to supporting the bastardization of the DC Universe and I cannot support that.
Supporting this means accepting a harassment campaign as a good thing and I cannot support that.

Supporting this means supporting Zack Snyder and I cannot do that. I cannot support a guy who exploits his daughter's suicide in order to get a career do-over.

No comments:

Post a Comment