Jul 12, 2012

It came form Neitlich's pocket... Now it came from the Toy Chest: Spector

The time has come for me to face my greatest nemesis! The Mighty Spector has arrived and It's time for me to review him...

♠NOT FUNNY!♠
The intro will not be long since I've talked about him A LOT... not just my two rants on him (design and bio) but I've also dealt with the issue verbally in The Council of the First Ones...
I think Scott Neitlich does not keep him Mint on Pants! ;)

Now, you must be pretty informed about the Purple One who resides in Scott Neitlich's Pocket...
The Time Traveling Mary Sue that is looking for Sex... and happens to look like Deadpool...
Now the Question is: How does the toy fare against my critical eye?

First let's see what he brings to the table:
New Head
New left Forearm
New Harness
New Leg Harness
New iCosmic Key
New iCosmic Key: Jedi Version
New Gun
Normal naked buck
He-Man Right Forearm
Hordak Right Hand
Trap Jaw Left Hand (It makes sense due to the Light Saber Mode of the Cosmic Key)
Trap Jaw Boots (Knee, Shin and feet)
He-Man Thighs
Optikk Crotch

So I guess I should do the ratings part: 1 = Something that should be erased from the Timeline, and 5 = something that should be preserved forever

Articulation:
Spector is ♠THE TIGHTEST FIGURE I'VE EVER DEALT WITH...♠ in MOTUC. Absolutely zero loose joints... Even the infamous Trap Jaw Boot loose Ankles are tight on The Purple one!
♠5.0♠ 


Paint and Sculpt:
yes, I think the design of the figure is plain and a dud, but the sculpt is amazing... The Horsemen did it again... The left Bracer is very detailed and so is the tiny Cosmic Key that attaches to it. There is no visible slop on mine... The closest thing to a Flaw is that the "SEX" tampo was a bit too high on mine.
♠4.5♠ 
Accessories:
Not Even The Mighty Spector is saved from the USS Logistics! He had a Flaming Whip... Like Draego-Man before him that was cut out... All that he has is the Cosmic Key, the gun AND the Cosmic Key (Sword Mode)
The gun is kinda cool... has a bit of a Sci-Fi vibe to it. The Cosmic Keys are where the cool stuff is...
The Lightsaber version is the best, Especially since Specky Wecky can hold it on his left hand...
♠4.5♠ 


Overall:
The Mighty Spector gets a 4.67!? What the Hell!? But I HATE THIS FIGURE!! Stupid tight joints and near perfect paint job and cool accessories! Spector is supposed to suck so much that you'd wish he was never made! I think someone messed with my review... I think I'm gonna keep him with my custom Unmasked head to break the Deadpool look...


Seriously though, I still believe that Spector is awful as a character and as a design, but the toy itself is pretty good. I think that the Spade, the full on tights look AND his right Forearm are a bit off... (I would have used Icarius' biceps and Right Forearm, Man-E-Faces' Shoulders and the Hordak ab piece to reduce the "man in tights" effect on him... Since he lacks a torso armor like the other characters who wear "tights" (The palace Guards, Duncan, or Mekaneck) Also the Mask kinda bothers me a bit... If it was a helmet with a removable faceplate (think Palace Guard Helmet) it could have been cooler!




No comments:

Post a Comment