Jan 29, 2014

It Came from the Toy Chest: Ha-Ha! the Bad has been Doubled!

Yay! Two-Bad is Finally here!! Do you know what that means?
Glimmer is coming!!
But I still have to wait a bit over a month to get her. So let's focus on this Month's Figure: Two-Bad.

So, 2014 Starts off with a Screw you damn dirty Cherry Pickers!
by having Two-Bad as a sub exclusive. I still believe it's a dick move from Mattel, but sadly, they want to drive the Cherry Pickers to extinction. It stinks, but let's talk Two-Bad.
He is from Wave 4.  One of the last two figures remaining from that wave. (The other one is Modulok who is coming NEXT MONTH!)
Not to mention the LAST of the CORE Evil Warriors. By Core Evil Warriors I refer to Evil Warriors that had appearances in the Cartoon. Two-Bad has the luck of showing up on BOTH He-Man Cartoons. 1980s Filmation cartoon and the 2000s Mike Young Productions reboot. We even saw his origin on the 200X cartoon.

Heck! Two-Bad's popularity got him to appear in one of the earliest MOTU sketches from Robot Chicken


Now, sit back and enjoy the Two-Bad Review... Since Two-Bad is Two Different beings merged in half, this Review is half Old-School Written rant and half Video Review... Not all of these combos work like Reese's Peanut Butter cups.
Before I go on to the Review of the Figure, I have to point out that This is the First Figure with the "Eco Friendlier" Brown Mailer, Incredibly enough some people have bitched about this because it breaks the uniformity of the white mailer...
The ONE Thing I'd bitch about is that the Jhook was mangled on mine AND the card was slightly bent... That is IF I WAS a Mint on Card Collector. Since I'm an opener, it doesn't bother me much. Though I understand why Mint on Card folks would be bent out of shape...




Articulation:
His articulation is similar to the Standard figures, but with two heads, yo! If you noticed on the video, I didn't touch the heads BECAUSE there is an issue as you can see on the picture on the right. (Heads are too close together) Second reason is that I painted the right fang on my Tuvar head because it was half unpainted and I'm waiting for the paint to dry.

Paint and Sculpt:
I know that I forgot to praise the sculpt on the video and I will say that my biggest complaint about it is related to
the heads being sculpted too close to each other. Which brings forward another problem. The Tuvar head is painted blue but molded in purple. If Baddhra's Ear rubs too much on Tuvar's it may chip off paint from Tuvar.
I've mentioned my issues with Missing paint apps for 2014 already. Now that I have him in hand, well, looks like I'll HAVE to break out the paints because Baddhra's glove and boots could use some paint accents. I have to mention as well that Tuvar's boot is purple and painted silver, so BE CAREFUL!! and the paint on my 200X Mace was chipped off while INSIDE THE CARD...
Accessories:
There's not much to talk about that I do not cover on the video. They're nice but needed some OOMPH!! (Especially the shield) I'd be Lying if I say that I don't miss the Articulation on the Mace that the 200X Version had.
Overall:
He's OK... He just fills a very important slot as the Double Headed Evil Strategiset, but he could have been better. and it seems that sloppiness is in all the aspects of this figure... (Paint, Sculpt, accessories, HELL even the Cardback is sloppy with him... Strategiset...) Now, don't get me wrong, I'm super excited that I finally own a MOTUC Two Bad and complete the core evil warriors AND the Evil Warriors I had as a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment