Jan 23, 2014

3 Movies!? You're shooting yourself in the foot DC...

The guys at WB have secured Gal Gadot for 3 Movies...  I'd post an overreaction video clip like the AVGN using up the F-Bombs or the Nostalgia Critic going with a Screaming Tantrum... Sadly, their freakouts are not up to par with the rage I'm feeling regarding this... So, I'll post the Master of Meltdowns instead. Don't worry I'll wait...


Are you done? Well, now you can have an Idea of How I feel with this bit of news...
I'm not a fan of this choice. Not simply because of her Stick-like figure, but for her abysmal acting.

Defenders of Gal Gadot try to bring Heath Ledger and Anne Hathaway as "questionable choices" that proved to be better...
Um, Heath Ledger was an Academy Award Nominee BEFORE He was chosen as the Joker.
That lends credibility to his acting skills.
Anne Hathaway was another Academy Award Nominee BEFORE She was Catwoman.

What does Gal Gadot have?


OK, let's ignore that she looks like a MODEL instead of an AMAZON STATUE. Her Acting Ability is not that great. Locking her for a 3 Movie Contract is just Ludicrous. (I'm guessing it's Batman vs Superman, Justice League AND Wonder Woman 3 movie deal) Her acting can help her survive BvS as a supporting character and maybe JLA, but she does NOT have the ability to carry a film on her own (Wonder Woman)... Nor Warner Brothers have the ability to make a Decent movie of a DC character that is NOT Batman or Superman...

I still find the MOTU reference a MUCH better scene... but it doesn't change the fact that Green Lantern was a Turd of a movie.

Wonder Woman's Mythical Origins make her a tough character to translate to film WHILE BEING RESPECTFUL TO HER COMIC BOOK ROOTS!  Unlike Batman whose origin is simple: Dead parents, travel the world training, become a one man army against crime. Or Superman: Last Remnant of an Alien Civilization who grew up into a Jesus allegory.

Meanwhile, Wonder Woman has conflicting Origins: Born out of clay as a blessing by the Olympian Gods, or the NU52 Origin which can be summarized as Hercules with boobs.

As long as the Filmmakers don't do anything stupid like make her another Kryptonian... (Which would be horribly lazy), surround her with a Decent supporting cast, MAYBE, just MAYBE it could almost work... My opinion is to replace her with an actual actress for it to actually work... At this stage I might even accept Megan Fox to play Wonder Woman...

I know, I know... But I HATE Megan Fox...
As much as I dislike her, she can carry a movie on her own. (OK Amanda Seyfried did carry some of the weight here) As I was saying, she could carry the movie. While she is on the small side (and a bit on the too thin side for a role like WW) she does not look "Model-Like", which is problematic for a Princess of the Amazons or Hercules With Boobs (Depending on which comic book Origin they use)

Sadly, like with the T.A.I.N.T. every bit of news I hear, scares me more than giving me hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment