Jan 23, 2014

My Little Underage Teenage Human is getting a sequel!?

If we're to believe the newer Equestria Girls Toys then, yes! Now here's the thing... I have a Love-Hate relationship with that movie. It was crap, full of cliches and throwaway references to seem 20% cooler. Not to mention that it was an obvious marketing ploy to sell toys.

Rainbow Rocks... And it seems to be a Battle of the bands thing. Not to mention the Human version of Rainbow Power... The Battle of the Bands thing sounds HORRIBLY CLICHED. How many TV shows have done this whole Talent Show/Band contest? First movie reeked of High School Musical, now this sequel reeks of Camp Rock... Wonder when we're getting Hannah Maretana?
 Sorry, I had to get it out of my system...

Here's the thing: I'm not completely opposed to this. Sure my first reaction was similar to Darth Vader's, but the EG Dolls NEED all the help they can get to sell.
I mean they can't compere against the Monstrous Competition from El Segundo...


Most importantly: It's called MY LITTLE PONY: Equestria Girls
The previous movie had a lack of Ponies... (Aside the beginning and the end)

The movie gave us THIS MASTERPIECE... Seriously Hasbro Why haven't we gotten My Little Transformers: Bronies are Magic toys... but that's not the main topic.
Why oh why we have not gotten a My Little Pony Movie where we follow THE PONIES in PONY ADVENTURES!?
The Equestria Girls may have My Little Pony on the Title, but the movie is about the Humans and how a Human Looking Pony infiltrated their society... You have no idea how much Willpower I'm using to not make a Joke about... a human looking pony... Instead I'll give you a great cinematic quote:

Sorry, I had to get this out of my system too...

If they put their efforts into an ACTUAL PONY MOVIE ABOUT THE PONIES, probably, more fans of the franchise would be more excited instead of nervouscited. While yes, EG was a divisive movie and full of cliches, it was kinda on par with a few episodes... Especially with a few Season 4 Episodes That suffer from a rare condition.
I mean, Derpy cameos, Scootaloo doing the Chicken Dance, Youtube and MLP videos (CMC song), the Intro of EG, References to Friendship is Witchcraft fan parody (A Machine with a pattern in Sweetie Belle colors is too much of a coincidence for it NOT to be a Sweetie Bot reference) It's an obvious case of (see pic on the left)
I don't mind the whole Panda Ring thing. It's just that in EG's case it felt more like the fan references were used to pad the story to make the movie longer.

But, I hope that for the Sequel we DO GET any of the following things as nods to the fans: (since they love Panda Ring)

A Certain Humanized Pony doing any of the following:
-Stepping out of a Blue Door (Preferably a Porta Potty or any other boxed shaped thing with a blue door)
-Carrying around a Screwdriver
-Saying: I don't want to go. Allons-y would be TOO Obvious... and he couldn't whistle that song  because of copyright issues with the Big British Comrades.
-Bonus points if he hangs out with Roseluck, or Derpy!

A certain character who speaks in rhyme all of the time.

Freaking Discord... I'm not going to be somewhat subtle about this.

The Coach:


I'd love to see Cadance and Shining Armor too: Bonus points if Shining Armor has a corn dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment