Jan 1, 2014

Uncle Phil is dead...

Sadly, I just read about the passing of my Favorite Shredder voice actor and Mashed Potatoes enthusiast, James Avery. I'm really bummed about this.  I opened up my Facebook after watching a 80s TMNT mini Marathon and I got hit with this... I really don't know what to say about this. It just threw me off completely. I know that to some people he was like an extra parent or THE Father figure in some cases... I can understand the feelings of pain that they're going through. I can understand the pain that those who were close to him must be feeling. The only thing I can do is to give my condolences and best wishes to those who were close to him. (Friends, Family and co-workers)



Obviously here are the two better known roles of him.


I do remember seeing him on Charmed, and on the Brady Bunch Movie.
Holy Crap! He was Rhodey (WarMachine) in the 90s series of Ironman... You know the one...
I!
I AM!
I AM IRONMAN!


Yeah, that one... He also voiced Scar in the Animated Storybook version of The Lion King... Hey look! He was Scar on this project and Simba was none other than 1980s Toon Leonardo!!

He also voiced Turbo in:


He EVEN WAS ON AN EPISODE OF THE A-TEAM!!!

Dang! He did a lot of stuff aside Uncle Phil and Shredder... Thanks for everything Mr. Avery...

No comments:

Post a Comment