Oct 5, 2016

It Came from the Toy Chest: Non sexist WW is Sexist AF


Yup, I'm talking about the Monster High knock-off with a DC Theme Wonder Woman.

I got to be honest here: I bought her mostly to use as a custom for my MOTU Fan continuity. (Which will have to be revised now)

I don't think I need to explain that this is a very sexist reimagining of Wonder Woman who by her name we know she's no longer a girl... Now who popped her cherry, was it a man or a woman? Cause Wonder Woman is Bisexual now... or is it Lesbian who only experiments with a man once every blue moon? In any case Wonder Woman's sexual orientation was changed to appease non-readers. In any case
that Bisexuality conundrum does not apply to THIS version of WW. Still the Codename Wonder Woman feels a bit wrong when we look at her being a High School student. It's as if they didn't think things through.

Let's take a look at the figure, shall we?

Articulation:
Head on a ball joint, but the hair blocks any movement for the head.
Pseudo Balljoint shoulders, Balljoint elbows, rotating wrists
Pseudo balljoint thighs, hinged knees and boot rotation.
3.5

Paint and sculpt:
I have to admit that the sculpt is neat for a 13-15 year old looking figure. There are some nice small details on her pants and the minimalist paintjob helps her look neat.
4.5

Accessories:

Golden Lasso of Truth. the end. It would have been nice if she had come with a fully coiled Lasso to alternate between "Action Mode" Lasso and "at ease" lasso.
1.0

Now you can see how tall she stands next to the MOTUC buck
Perfect for Tween/young teen characters.
Overall:
Wonder Woman gets a 3.0 as her overall score. Limited Articulation and Lack of Accessories did hurt her score a bit. Some would say that I should be more lenient since this is an action figure line for little girls and I said: Oh no sir, I must say you're wrong. I must disagree!

Extra notes:
While her head is on a peg, it can be a pain to remove and the ball piece that attaches the head to the neck is very weak. Be careful when attempting to customize these toys.















No comments:

Post a Comment