Nov 11, 2020

Holidays and Quarantine/Social Distancing

 Now that we are in No Nut November (I failed), the Turkey is just a pair of weeks away, then 


And with Winter coming, someone ELSE is coming... 


But there is an issue this year...


 The  virus is still going around despite President Trump's promises. I don't know. Need to adapt to this new normal where we can't share with friends and family. I should say extended family or large groups of friends.

 I'm bringing this up because of my depression. Once again I must point out that this is not a cry for help nor trying to get pity points just because I have depression. I'm simply stating it because I know how hard these times can get to people who have depression. I also understand that the whole quarantine / social distancing due to the pandemic has not been easy for all, especially  to those who suffer from depression. It's a double whammy of issues that can overwhelm fully functional folks, so imagine how hard it must be for those of us who have the burden of dealing with all that plus depression.

If you have a friend or family member who you suspect may be going through this a bit harsher, leave them a message. FB, e-mail, text, whatsapp, MySpace, or call them... just to let them know you are there and care about them. That small act may be the thing they need to stop themselves from doing something stupid... 


No comments:

Post a Comment