Feb 2, 2024

DRAAAAAAAAAAGOOOOOOOOOO!!!

 Yo! You killed Apollo!

Carl Weathers has been seen by Haley Joel Osment. Action Jackson is no more.

Yup, he died in his sleep yesterday. This was not on my plans today. I had a MOTU rant in the works, but the death of Carl Weathers pushed it aside. 

He played football long before I moved out of my Dad's scrotum and became an actor. I mainly know of Weathers as Apollo Creed... and thanks to a local station (WAPA Canal Cuatro) as Action Jackson. In the early to mid 90s they played the hell out of Action Jackson. Like once or twice a month. (They also did it to Seagal's Marked for Death, Van Damme's Kickboxer. I think Bloodsport and American Ninja were on Channel 11, but I digressed) 

Weathers had experimented with a lot of genres, but to me he's always going to be Apollo Creed.
I can't be the only one who sees this as a fitting farewell to the late, but still awesome Carl Weathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment