Jul 18, 2024

It came from the Toy Chest: Placeholder Krang's Android Body

 


The Loyal Subjects has an actual Action Figure line called BST AXN. I'm not a fan of their normal figures due to their engineering... but those issues can be useful with Krang's Android Body. It's  roughly the size of NECA's, but looks more toyetic... in a modern Playmates way.  Standing next to Shredder, it scales properly. 

Articulation:
One of the reasons I'm not into this line is the articulation: I'm not a huge fan of the large gaps in the knees and elbows when bending them. They work on Krang's Android Body, but they don't work on Leonardo. But the worst part is despite having a huge amount of articulation (including butterfly shoulders), the body is limited.
Krang: Wait, you're not my *groan* Saki!!
Shredder: My Krang is vernier.
Nefty VO: Krang, your Saki is tint and Shredder, your Krang is too big! Deal with it!


Cannot kick because the crotch stops the legs. It's thickness also prevents it from doing splits.
The shoulder pads also block arm articulation.
3.5
Painted backside... suck it, Playmates!!


Paint and sculpt:
Like Super7, they know that the backs need paint accents. Other than that it seems like he's molded in the proper colors to avoid painting. Which gives it a cheap toy look. In this case, it kind of works for its advantage... The sculpting is not accurate to any source but heavily inspired by the cartoon and the 80s video games. It kinda reminds me of the Rocksteady and Bebop Playmates did a while back. 
4.0
Nefty VO: Rock-et Punch!!
Krang: I Don't *burp* have one!


Accessories:
Alt. Fists
Drill attachment
Sword attachment
Ax attachment
Dual gun attachments
Alt. Tendrils to display Krang outside the Android body.
Why does Krang remind me of:
When you were partying, I studied the blade. When you were having premarital sex, I mastered the blockchain. While you wasted your days at the gym in pursuit of vanity, I cultivated inner strength. And now that the world is on fire and the barbarians are at the gate you have the audacity to come to me for help.

Personally, I wouldn't have made Krang removable. He has tendrils stuck to the android body as they're part of the AB sculpt. He has no tripod or Bubble walker, so it's pointless. There is a BST AXN Krang on Bubble Walker, but is much smaller than this Krang. I can't use a vintage Bubble Walker, because this Krang is too big. On the other hand, the Super7 Bubble walker is too big for this Krang. But we're not gonna use the bubble Walker if we have the Android body.
5.0


Overall:
The Android body gets a 4.17 as it's final score. If The Loyal Subjects finds a way to improve the elbow and knee articulation on these figures, they could have a winner As the toys are better than Playmates, but cheaper than NECA. I may be tempted to get their Super Shredder as a stand in until Super7 gets to make their own.
Krang: I'm Invincible!!
Nefty VO: No! It's "You're Tearing Me apart, Lisa!"


No comments:

Post a Comment