Mar 6, 2010

80s and 90s shows adapted into movies should we? Part II

Here's part II of movie adaptations of 80s and 90s TV shows that should or shouldn't be made into a movie.
NOTE: These lists are my opinion if you disagree that's cool. I am not an authority on Remakes, but one thing is certain I just hope that the adaptations don't get ruined beyond recognition like DragonBall Evolution, or Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li.

Now unto part II: The DO's
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers:
Before you start screaming NO! NOT POWER RANGERS! Think about it. I'm talking about a reinventing THE ORIGINAL Power Rangers in movie form. (Yes I know that I'm usually against re-inventing and fixing what's not broken, but... The mish mash of Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger stock footage and the American segments really has to go. Besaides better budget/writing can make the Power Rangers look more awesome than before.
(Before you ask, YES I want the Black Ranger to be black and the Yellow Ranger to be Asian... Zordon chose them that way.)

Charmed:
Though I'm not much of a fan of this show... (I'm more of a Buffy fan) Lost my interest around season 2. Tried to watch it when the Writers pulled out a 4th Sister out of their bums. I mean COME ON!! This will be some girl power movie that the guys will probably see for the T&A.(Hopefully Megan Fox will not be in this...)

This is not Knight Rider:
Ahh yes... This one NEEDS to be in the big screen. It was the most watched TV show of all time (or so they say). Slow-mo running on the beach, red swimsuits, the only bad thing is that it'll probably be David Hasselhoff-less... unless someone finds a way to squeeze in the Hoff in there. (other than executive Producer/advisor/ or whatever) If they ever maek this one... I'd better be prepared cause it smells like they might toss in Jessica Simpson, Megan Fox and other "hot" ladies (mostly untalented) as the lifeguards...

Mr. Belvedere:
Other than to piss off Peter Griffin, I'd like to see this show adapted into a movie... It's another Fish out of water comedy with an English Butler adapting to life with An American Family. If the movie is made; I hope it's more of a family movie with comedic undertones than a self deprecating parody.

He was a cop, and good at his job. But he committed the ultimate sin, and testified against other cops gone bad. Cops that tried to kill him, but got the woman he loved instead. Framed for murder, now he prowls the badlands. An outlaw hunting outlaws, a bounty hunter, a Renegade. That's all I have to say... Another Stephen J. Cannel show in which people are framed for a crime they didn't commit. Now these outlaws are fighting other outlaws.

Don'ts:
The Nanny:
NO ONE Can replace Fran Drescher. Seen various adaptations and it's not the same. I mean a movie adaptation could work, but something in my gut tells me that it will most likely suck.

Blossom:
WHOA! don't get me wrong, Blossom WAS a good show, but I don't feel it would work in the big screen. Unless it's a VERY SPECIAL Blossom movie... (Other than the fantasy sequences in which Blossom recieved advice from Celebrities like ALF...)

Family Matters:
This one is a don't for one reason only: Steven Q. Urkel. If the plot does NOT revolve around Steve Urkel then I'd be more than happy to see a Family Matters movie. (and if they don't forget the existance of Judy Winslow...) I don't want to see 90 minuets of Urkel on the big screen.

Full House:
Warning this show is so sweet and cheesy that it makes the care bears seem like douchebags. Now this is something that we should forget it ever existed... Yes it gave us THE OLSEN TWINS, John Stamos and Dave Coulier's mullets, and Bob Saget... who is a lot funnier on America's Funniest Home Videos. (or his raunchy comedy act... Seeing Danny Tanner spewing all that filth = Priceless.)
Dear John Stamos: in the words of your former castmate Dave Coulier "Cut! it! out!"

Walker Texas Ranger:
No Chuck, No movie... Even With Chuck I still say no movie. This is an ego stroking show for Chuck Norris. I don't need to see more Chuck Norris ego stroking on the Big Screen... (Sidekicks, Delta Force series, Missing in Action?)

There you have it. I did not include Cartoons on this list because I wanted to keep it with Live action (being simpler to adapt.) but I'll just leave you with one cartoon that if Adapted to a movie I'm guessing it'll suck more than a vaccuum: PowerPuff Girls in Live Action.

No comments:

Post a Comment