Sep 10, 2018

Looking back on Shenmue II

Sailors are a thing of the past now it's all about Lucky Hit!
I have mentioned before that I did play a PAL copy of the Dreamcast Shenmue 2 but the audio was in Japanese. Only those who had an XBOX could have the English voiced Shenmue experience. Most of us who played any of those versions in the WEST lost the true Shenmue experience... Until now. I imported my rushing through 1 to get to 2 ASAP File... I ended the game in December 18th... so I missed out on this:


But I need to avenge Hazuki sensei and have no time for hot Japanese or Chinese ass... Hong Kong is dying for some Hazuki D... whether it's Ren of Heavens, the Cat girl, Not Lan Di's sister, and Asian Mary Jane Watson... No, I haven't forgotten about Shenhua...
So how to go about this?
So, you get off the ship and surprise! Controls have changed... kinda awkward for people who only played 1. Also, even if imported, not all moves passed through on my file... They even changed the button inputs on some of them! I used to rely on the double blow but you changed it! Grrr! Now you use other buttons than the Lower Button (A on XB/Dreamcast and × on PS4) So far I've found NO places to train my moves, aside sparring with Jianmin.  I'm short on money, so I have to get people to play Lucky Hit, work at the docks carrying crates in a straight line but thebidiot I'm paired with is so drunk that a straight line zig zags more than a lightning bolt. Also, Damn those leaves to Hell!! And the books too! In fact screw the Man ho temple...
And screw the upcoming plank walking in Kowloon...

-"Why are you angry? I THOUGHT you LOVED Chang moo?"

Shut the Hell Up! I love the series, but I had forgotten how frustrating the Hong Kong chapter was... heh! HahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
This is the genius of Yu Suzuki... the menial tasks, the frustration that the game seems to be going nowhere, because we want to get Lan Di...  it's putting me in a Ryo state of mind. I should calm down and enjoy the trip, since 3 won't show up until next year...
I guess I just need to get comfortable enough with Hong Kong. I've been 18 years in Dobuita... like Ryo? The thing with Shenmue is that patience yields better results...  slower pace and all that...

No comments:

Post a Comment