Feb 9, 2019

I don't think I'll see Cap'n Meh Vel...

Every little bit revealed with the movie makes me LESS interested in the movie... but Criticizing Cap'n Meh Vel makes me sexist, racist, homophobic and virgin neckbeard Trump supporter...

But knowing that I'm not any of them, I WILL explain (mansplain according to idiots) why Cap'n Meh Vel lost me.

Bree Larson:
I had a little faith when watching Skull Island. Nearly all of it evaporated with the first trailer. Now with every interview she goes with both feet in her mouth and her head so far up her flat ass...
That moment when
Spidey has a better ass
Than Earth's "Mightiest hero".
Oh noes! Now I have bodyshamed her phantom buttocks! Which wasn't the point... I just wanted to give my straight female readers and gay male readers some sexy Spider-butt pic action!  And to joke about Captain Marvel's TARDIS-LIKE ass... so, yeah. Larson keeps shooting heraelf in the foot by making all the interviews about "feminism" and how Captain Meh vel is that important to empower young girls... acting as if Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman movie that made me eat crow never happened.

Even the promoting has gone full  GB 2016 with their misandrist approach. And that worked so well for Noelle Stevenson's pop culture appropriation of She-Ra. But to be honest that's not even my main beef it's the first one I mentioned because it's the one that's most out there.

My main by Loosely tied to the whole relizen feminist bullcrap is more on how forced the character has been shoved into the MCU.

You know that the MCU the true soul of it is Nick Fury with the Avengers Initiative and in a small way Coulson and his obsession with Captain Rogers. Now we have the Great all Mighty Captain Meh vel basically teaching Nick Fury the ropes.  where was she when the whole New York incident Sokovia incident the whole Civil War both Ant Man movies Spider-Man homecoming so on and so forth...
No she's going to show up all of a sudden and maybe be the one that defeats Thanos... think about the humongous amounts of bullshit that would require for this to make sense...

With the changes to the character who no longer received her powers due to an accidental event with Mar-Vell, now a victim of Kree experiments, they basically screwed all possibilities of having a compelling  original story to tell. Now we have a "generic revenge story" that will be mostly off screen... yaay...

We're supposed to care for a character thrown in at the last minute through a "flashback movie" and everyone is like: "you must like her because she's awesome..." so awesome that her comic has been cancelled about 5 times in 7 years or viceversa... not to mention that Carol's highest points were getting put in a coma by Rpgue, when the latter stole her powers and the infamous Carol gets raped and gives birth to her rapist...

But I got to "love Carol" because vagina...

So long story short:
Boring trailers, boring lead, boring character, annoying stance that any criticism = soggy knee...

No comments:

Post a Comment