Jun 20, 2015

It Came from the Toy Chest: El Futuro es de Spider-Man

Batman has gone Beyond, but before that Spider-Man went into the futuristic 2099... Like the Bats from the Future, this Spidey is NOT Parker... This is another man who gained Spider-Powers and began to emulate the Spider-Man of the "Heroic Age"... Or that's a hyper simplified version of Miguel O'Hara's story. (Yes, he's Half Latino and Half Irish... Before mixed raced heroes were cool)

He is another figure of the Hobknocker wave... (DD and Anti-Venom would be the only others I want.)

Before I comment on the Figure Itself, I need to get something out of my back:
Since when is Scott Neitlich working for Hasbro? I thought he was at Jakks Pacific. Now before some Hardcore Scott Neitlich fan comes knocking and attack me for making fun of his inability to remember correct names... I AM Making fun of his inability to remember correct names of characters ESPECIALLY when dealing with NINTENDO Characters.

When you say that Sheamus and Gandalf are Nintendo characters instead of Samus Aran and Ganondorf, heads will roll. I'm surprised no one committed Sudoku over it!

Now without Further ado, let's take a look at Miguel O'Hara: The Spider-Man of the Future!!







Articulation:
The Articulation on 2099 is CLOSER to Toy Biz Articulation than Hasbro Articulation. Seeing as he is a Spider-Man character, I put him through the Spidey pose test. As an added bonus, I tried to mimic the Marvel Super Heroes Spider-Man pose with both figures. I got a close enough pose from both of them. something I could not do with Ben Reilly or Spider-Girl!

Here he gets a 4.0 out of 5.
Even the cape, which is a piece of plastic, can be posed in a few different poses. I just wish it had a hinge for some windblown poses.

Paint and Sculpt:
Paintwise, he's mostly a hit. After opening him, I did notice a bit of slop on the Dia de Los Muertos Spider-suit, but that can be chalked up to a little battle damage. Painting the reds in a flat color with the blues being metallic is a cool idea. It makes the suit look like it shimmers like spandex.
The sculpt is pretty good, but the crotch piece and upper thighs do not work as well. The thighs look better than true balljoints, but they are less functional. That crotch piece is Ug-Ly!
For that he gets a 4.0 out of 5.


 Accessories:
He comes with a flaming sword and an arm for Hobknocker. The sword I'll give to Custom me! the arm? To the parts bin!
3.0 out of 5. Kinda wish he had gotten a second set of hands.

Overall:
Spider-Man 2099 gets a 3.67 out of 5 as his final score. He's a decent figure, with better range of motion than Spider-Girl, but he needed to be 20% cooler.


No comments:

Post a Comment