Jun 15, 2015

Let's help Suzuki-sama give us Shenmue 3!

Mid-December 2000. I finished half of my finals on that semester... I had saved some pocket money for about 3-5 months and was enough for a Dreamcast, a VMU and Shenmue. The game had a faulty disc 3... I figured that out 3 days after buying the game. (I was THAT into the game). I had the game exchanged for a new one and beat the game in two weeks. (second half of my finals forced a slight delay.) I kept revisiting the game all the way to 2014... I was able to play the European version of the Second Game by using a PAL copy and a boot disc. (Huge Pain in the neck! Boot discs can be a bit finicky.) and I was stuck in the cave for 14 years...

Well, now there is a SLIM CHANCE for Shenmue 3 to happen on PS4 and PC... Or PC and PS4, or at least PC...

Kickstarter to the Rescue! We have 31 days to reach the goal of


Sorry Dr. Evil you missed the amount by


Yes, Yu Suzuki needs $2,000,000.00 by July 17th, 2015 in order to be able to make Shenmue 3...
The Kickstarter started today and by the time of this rant being written, Suzuki-sama has received:
$812,399 out of the $2,000,000.00 needed to achieve this goal... Looks like I MAY NEED to get a PS4 afterall... First FFVII, then Shenmue... I'd ask for a Xenogears HD remake, but that would be pushing it.

My body is ready for current gen version of this:

but in China...

Now just because the campaign has gotten a bit short of HALF of the total goal on Day 1 doesn't mean that we can rest easily. We still have a long way to go... Especially with the possibility of the game being bigger through the expansions IF we go beyond the $2Million goal. Hopefully a physical PS4 copy is on the horizon.

Update: 38 minutes later and it reached the $1Million!
Update 2: nearly 7 hours later after I went to bed and Shenmue had reached the Million, THIS Happened:
$2,048,192
pledged of $2,000,000 goal

Holy Crap! We reached the normal Goal in less than 24 Hours... But SEGA believes that the Future is more Sanic.
If you'll excuse me, there is something I must do... Look for sailors...
Update 3:
$2,456,133
Whoa! That's nearly 2.5 MILLION dollars in LESS than 24 hours.
Meanwhile, some people (with Hula Hoops on their ears) will probably whine about Patriarchy and how a man getting nearly 2.5 million in less than a day is Misogyny.

No comments:

Post a Comment