Jun 4, 2015

Bastardized American Macross is going live action...

I remember a time when Thpider-Man wanted to do an Adaptation of Macross for American Audiences in Live action... Long before the House of Rants was born, Tobey Maguire wanted to make a Robotech Film.

Well, Tobey...


Looks like Robotech will be made by SONY Pictures and they have a Director in the form of James Wan... Wait, that name sounds familiar... Oh it's the guy from Saw, Insidious and The Conjuring...
dammit! I expect some creepy ass doll on a scene.



Now, don't think that this means we ARE getting a Robotech movie... I mean, Sony Pictures has gotten some projects that have stayed in development hell...


Don't get your hopes up on seeing Demi Lovato as Lynn Minmei and Emily Osment as Lisa Hayes... Let's toss in Noah Munck as Rick Hunter, cause why the hell not? Colton Haynes as Roy Focker? BTW I'm not serious with this casting, because one thing I've learned is that if an American cartoon can drag its feet to get made into a movie, a bastardization of an 80s anime has virtually NO chance in hell of getting done... Don't get your hopes up on seeing Macross made in America...

and I had to be reminded of the Horrible news about Ghost in the Shell happening WITH Scarlet Johansson...
Yes, ScarJo is not amused about me not being happy about her
involvement with the Ghost in the Shell Adaptation.
I'm starting to fear anime turned into Western Live Action movies once again...



No comments:

Post a Comment