Apr 8, 2018

Legend of Zelda: A retread to the Past

That would be the shortest review to A Link Between Worlds. While it's hard to return to older 3D Zelda games (OOT, WW, TP, I'm looking at thee) the 2D style Zelda games don't have that issue. A Link Between Worlds is in that latter camp.
Normally, I'd do the ratings part using a scale of 1-10, but lately, I've been doing "editorial type" of reviews. This is the second type. Why? Because it allows me to have an opinion of the game without bothering to have some sort of arbitrary system to add a score.

As I said on the title, this game is pretty much A Link to the Past with a wall phasing gimmick. Everyone remember the It came from the Toy Chest review of this Link?

Which I bought because he looked like the Link of my Childhood... Kinda the same reason I bought this game.
The best and worst thing this game has to offer is "a Link to the Past" pun completely intended. It's a rather short Old School Zelda experience.

Story is simplified to fit the old school style. Almost feels like a fan mod to the SNES Game... Because you go through the same motions as the SNES Game get the 3 pendants, Master Sword, fight the evil Wizard, get tossed to the dark world, rescue the sages, beat Ganon... On the SNES map, but with stylized GameCube graphics.
Feels like one of MGS2: Subsistence Snake Tales but for ALTTP. This game is for hardcore Legend of Zelda fans who grew up with A Link to the Past... Or Link's Awakening.

No comments:

Post a Comment