Apr 7, 2018

It came from the Toy Chest: wasted slot thanks to Neitlich...

I am referring to Filmation Hordak. Blah blah blah blah Ruthless leader of the evil horde... Neitlich screwed up by giving us a Vintage Hordak in Filmation colors for MOTUC. Had he spared so.e expenses for a new head and armor, we wouldn't be with this wasted slot...

Articulation:
Standard for a Super7 club Grayskull (minus ab crunch), but with loose thighs and ankles... Waist was stuck on mine. Paint on the belt fused to the torso. I was crapping my pants as I attempted to separate the fusion without breaking the figure.
2.5


Paint and Sculpt:
The Sculpt is really nice, but I feel his cowl is a smidge too small for his head. Paintwork, I had to retouch mine. (Accidentally deleted the pics before repainting his head.) He had weird gray splotches on his head and his nostrils were unpainted. Using the last of my black Gundam paint pen (that I bought to retouch webbing on some Spidey figures for my brother. Etched webs superior, tampo'd webs inferior.) To paint his nostrils and give some shading to the lines in his jaw. This improves him a little bit, but it was something I shouldn't have had to do.
2.5


Accessories:
-Imp
-Imp chest transformation
-cannon arm
He should've come with 2 cannon arms.
The imp only has head articulation and the chest cannot be opened.
4.0

Overall:
Hordak gets a 3.0 as his final score. I'll welcome a third party cast of that head for the MOTUC Failmation Hordak. At least that one can stand properly. At least my figure is a bit ASS, but I'm not sure how widespread my issues are. It's a horrible shame that these issues happen, but they did and hopefully they'll be fixed for wave 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment