Apr 13, 2018

Teen Titans live action sneak peek pics are out...

Yikes in tights!
I mean this is making me want to watch Teen Titans Go! To the movies instead of watching this... Dumpster fire...
I know what you're thinking:
"Nefty, that pic doesn't look too bad.  Raven needs her good up and start making a bad depressed Tara Strong impression and she's fine!"
True, but Raven is not the issue... And here you interject:
" He has the red and white outfit. It IS BASED ON ONE OF HIS LOO- OH! You're gonna whine about the green skin..."
Exactly! His body seems to be mostly covered, so green facepaint would've sold him better. I prefer the red and white outfit over the purple and black... Just to distance him from Teen Titans Go! Also, isn't he the Supah Ninja? From the nick series, he was Takei's grandson... (Oh my!)
But, there is one more pic...
How can I describe this without people twisting it as if I'm some sort of racist asswipe...
This looks Awfully bad! That outfit and wig are awful!!! It reminds me of a trashier version of Marvel's Medusa from the Inhumans TV series.
Here's a pic of a black girl dressed as Starfire who does a much better work at looking like Starfire, than whatever the Hell Anna Diop is wearing... It's the more conservative TT animated series outfit, but it evokes Starfire. What Diop is wearing reminds me of how can I put this lightly...
A cheap hooker that might trick me into an alley for a quickie, but end up being shanked by the pimp hiding behind the dumpster. (I'm NOT SAYING that Diop is a hooker.)

It wouldn't matter if this was a white girl, a Latina, an Asian, or a person of mixed race... That outfit is god-damned awful!
Even *I* would look like a trashy hooker wearing that.

That's my main gripe, whether you find Ms. Diop attractive or not is NOT the issue. The outfit looks ridiculously bad, and she's the wrong skin color...  Before anyone cries racism, Starfire is supposed to look Orangier than Hulk Hogan and President Trump combined. While we're at it, Supah Ninja is supposed to be Green.

And Ms. Diop is already reacting to the comments...
And it's a swing and a miss... OK so she was on freezing weather, but she IS WEARING A CRAPPY WIG AND OUTFIT. That is undeniable. Bad outfit and wig gives little hope. (I don't see the production of a TV Series spending money on CGI flesh recoloring. For 13 episodes)

She's highly "unbothered"  Riiiiight!
I know a thing or two about long-winded rants and they usually stem from being "bothered by something". Like Starfire would say: She has a hurting of the butt!


But to recap:
Raven, looks OK-ish...
Beast Boy needs more green skin...
Starfire needs better outfit, wig and orange skin...
I won't ask for picks of Grayson, because my readers would probably send me penis pics.

2 comments:

  1. it became clear to me last year that every new movie or tv show is going to be infected with CJW crap. so i just expect it now. that's why i'm watching older stuff on streaming & dvd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an issue that they don't see. These Social Justice Slacktivists, whine about everything not catering to their narrative... Which is pretty much get offended by everything that doesn't cater to them, but when they do, they cry "tokenism". And this kinda gives me an idea for a rant...

    ReplyDelete