Jan 20, 2020

MOTUCpocalypse is coming:

The end is nigh: The seals have been broken. Man! These figures stink!!  I mean that in the literal sense, as in a bad odor emanates from them. I've been playing with them tinkering with them just to get my groove of things on make the reviews.  I know the final item is Snake Mountain which I'm dying to have in my hands,  but for all intents and purposes Masters of the Universe Classics is dead. Sure power Gun May squeeze I repaint or two out of existing parts but it's dead... period!!

It has been quite a ride to be honest. I shed Blood Sweat and tears with these toys. From the incompetence of Matty and Digital River to the incompetence of Super 7... this line survive so long only due to the tenacity of the fans. We saw so many wonderful things with this line and others not so wonderful but it was a love letter to Masters of the Universe.

 IT'S been one hell of a ride 11 or 12 long years depending on what do you consider the starting point... in a way it's sad that it's over when there was so much to do but at the same time it was time to go... or so claimed Mattel. I don't see how the existence of Classics interferes with the existence of origins. I get getting super7 to cancel the filmation 5.5 inch versions of Masters. Those are a little direct competition to the origins line. I simply don't understand how an adult collector oriented online only Niche line can be competition to a mass retail 5.5 in line for children. Especially since they'll gave you a key for two different He-Man and the Masters of the Universe cartoons.

 But in any case just knowing that I was able to reconnect with my child self and have a very complete Masters of the Universe collection surpassing my childhood self collection and finally getting a complete set of the basic characters of She-Ra the real deal not that pop cultural the pop cultural Appropriations by Noelle Stevenson...  is an amazing thing. Hell even getting to like new adventures it's a big Triumph to me.

Yes I'm aware this rant feels like a retread in my thanking Motu Classics for existing.  but looking back at the bigger picture all I can say is wow.

 Thank you He-Man, for being the Gateway to the world of imagination...  for being my first hero... for stopping me from allowing the darkness to overtake me... for fueling my passion, my joy, my anger... thank you for being a friend... No Golden Girls reference.

But, man! These final figures REALLY STINK!!
Not even NECA nor McFarlane have realeased such stinkers... Hell, even Stinkor doesn't stink as much as these!

No comments:

Post a Comment