Jan 4, 2020

Netflix's The Witcher: The rant

So, I saw The Witcher on Netflix...
And I must confess that most of my knowledge of the franchise comes from old memes and Soulcalibur 6.

 I haven't read the books but I knew of them, thanks to some friends that are more into books. I know about the games but since the first two were only on PC and Xbox, that kind of made them inaccessible to me. I haven't played the third game that is available on PS4, Soma interactions with Geralt of Rivia have been limited to Soul Calibur 6 pretty much.

Thanks to a certain creatively bankrupt director whose name I shall not mention, I haven't been that much of a Henry Cavill fan. And then hearing the multiple racial changes for political correctness I wasn't that enthused about the show... it's supposed to be based on a fictional version of a northern European style area so it wouldn't make sense why there would be people of color there, but diversity quotas... At worst, all I could think of was if that Person of Color was replacing a Ginger or not...  but since I haven't read the books I won't know until I read them.

I also must admit that I spent most of the first episode staring at cables mouth just to make sure that he wasn't digitally shaved. My whole plan was to watch the show and a mock the hell out of it I was pretty much expecting it to be crap... but, alas, it was not...

By the end of the eight Episode this was me:


And I'm trying to locate the books and the third game.
I practically binged the entire show in one night and I normally don't do that... Geralt got in the way of my Zodak yelling: "Boi!" Time...

If you haven't seen it, what are you still doing here!? Go watch the Witcher... and toss him a coin or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment