Nov 14, 2023

Super7 Ultimates wave 11 for TMNT is now live

 Pure curveballs this wave is: sadly we have started with the bullshit. Two Turtle variants in one wave, that's not cool. Rat king is here and he's basically the Vintage figure without the crossbow or grappling hook. He also got the pretty boy head as an alternate head in addition to two different versions of his vintage head.
Apparently he's getting the Vintage belt, the rats are sculpted on his body, the already seen flute, I know dagger scepter and long-tailed rat whip. Not going to lie he looks pretty good. I might not go for the three ratings that I mentioned in the past, but I might get a second one so I can have like the old rat king and the new Rat King.


Wrapping Michael Angelo was music turtle that I had as a kid. I have avoided the music Turtles, but Michelangelo is tempting me. The wife beater  the gold chains, the brass knuckles, the boombox, and the headphones. They really are tempting me to get this figure but this one is leaning towards a " I might buy them at the bbts when they arrive" kind of thing. 


 Ninja Nomad Leonardo... it's a fucking Ronin Leo. This figure is the weakest of the set. Not because it's bad, but because it brings so little to the game. I love the straw hat and cape. These items should have been addressed for wave five sewer Samurai Leo. The figure as it is doesn't do much for me. Especially at $55. There's no way in hell that this figure is $55. He could've used some kunai and shuriken from sewer Samurai Leo.
 The sad part is that I would probably get this figure later down the line at bbts. 
Also, changes in box art:


Notice how Rat King has the Toyline/87 toon logo and Ronin Leo has the Mirage Logo. Wonder if the runors of 2003 based wave12 would get the 2003 logo.

Now, the final figure of this wave is based on a mutating figure. It's the battle damaged foot soldier.

I absolutely love this figure, even if it means that I can't have an additional pristine foot Soldier. But getting a few copies of this figure can help dioramas. Personally I believe Super 7 should do a second run of this guy and sell it on his own so people can buy multiples for Army building without having to compete with three more figures. Also, I can extend the battle damage with the damaged hands on pristine foot soldiers.

Don't get me wrong, I really like this wave. It's just that at $55 each I'm going to be a bit picky and rat king is top priority. Getting a battle damage Soldier is a priority for Army building reasons. Now the turtle variants are a hit or miss for many but it's not like I must have them. They look cool, but I can live without them. I feel like this ninja nomad thing could have been an accessory pack for vanilla Leonardo. I know that technically he has new elbow pads, new knee pads, new belt, and new sandals. But they could have easily made it an accessory pack for Leonardo and sell it for $25. It feels lazy. I like the visuals but not on a $55 figure. If he was $35, I would have bought it.

No comments:

Post a Comment