Feb 6, 2012

Super Bowl? More like He-Bowl!

Apparently yesterday was the Super Bowl... Movie Trailers, weird commercials, like Matthew Broderick's Day off... But that's not what I'm here to talk about...
I'm here to talk about the Two things that brought He-Man to my mind...

MetLife has an interesting ad with a ton of Cartoon characters used to promote Life insurance... This is nothing new for them since they've been using Charlie Brown and friends to promote the same thing for ages... This time they went ALL in and brought Voltron, Teh Scooby Gang, Fat Albert and THE MOST POWERFUL MAN IN THE UNIVERSE!! among the characters shown...

3 things bugged me with this ad:

-Why is Fred such an A-Hole?
I mean look at him: Driving the Mystery Machine with Velma... Where is Daphne? (We find out later on the ad.) Or Shaggy and Scooby... That's Right Fred Ditches Shaggy and Scooby to fend off the Ghost... OK it's Casper, but still Fred Drives off with Velma while Shaggy and Scooby have to follow them ON FOOT while running away from a ghost!? It's not like Shaggy said: "Gee Fred, I'll like walk all the way to the meeting point while you drive away in the van!"

-What was Daphne doing with Richie Rich?
In the back of his Limo and Richie's face watching her leave does hint that he may WANT to do some naughty things with her or he TOTALLY DID some naughty things on the back of his limo...

-What the Heck He-Man and Voltron are doing there!?

Now the other thing that drew my attention was Madonna's Dress for the Half-time show...


It kinda reminds me of something...

Hey! I'm not the only one thinking that... Search Twitter for She-Ra and you'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment