Jun 25, 2018

Jurassic World: The fallen Rant

I didn't know Pedobear DNA was part of the indoraptor.
Life finds a way... Last movie I saw with my mom was Jurassic World. I lost her copy of Jurassic Park, the novel with all of her notes on the margin. Heck, one of her few NES Games was... wait for it... Jurassic Park! So, you can understand my apprehension to seeing this sequel. But Nefty's gotta rant, yo! I went and saw Jurassic World 2: The Fallen Kingdom.

There will be spoilers after the jump, so...


So, Jurassic World: The Fallen Kingdom...
It's  The Lost World movie all over again.

And let's begin.
Right out if the bat, I HATE HATE HATE!! That Dr. Wu is now a villain. This change, I hated since World, but here he's almost a 1980s cartoon villain.
The real Wu was a man... who made some bad choices while working with/for Hammond.  He even tried to be the voice of reason, but Hammond wouldn't allow it.

Movie Wu is Asian Wesker... as in Resodent Evil's Albert Wesker... google him if needed.

I needed to get that out of the way because it'll come back later...

-DB Howard discovered boots. No more heels for her.
-Chris Pratt REALLY has a punchable face... (Infinity War rage still lives on)
-IT guy was annoying as hell.
-Still trying to figure out WHERE have I seen the little Keebler elf dude.
-Indoraptor is lame as hell... basically a Canseco Raptor with Pedo tendencies...
When Malcolm said: Life finds a way, he didn't mean this.
I mentioned The Lost World earlier, but I didn't explain.
Remember that movie? It was a decent JP sequel up until they bring the T-Rex to...

Well, GUESS WHAT HAPPENS IN THE FALLEN KINGDOM?
They begin a rescue expedition at Isla Nublar, then the movie becomes Resident Evil with Dinosaurs in...
That clear cut division is what ruins this movie. They literally could've made TWO MOVIES out of this one. They quickly wrap up the rescue mission, which would've been a rather interesting movie to give us running away from a Tyrant or Nemesis Cansecoraptor in a mansion...
The kid character is nice... even if she has a lot in common with Ben Reilly or Madelyne Pryor.

The second half was disappointing... and I mean getting toothpaste on Halloween disappointing. No, it's finding a raisin on a "chocolate chip" cookie. I'd say Congo was a better movie than thw second half of this... I went there!

No comments:

Post a Comment