Jun 23, 2018

It came from the Toy Chest: X-Force!!





So, with Juggernaut on the loose, Deadpool decided to form his own team.
It will be cooler than the Avengers, but it won't have a lame name like X-Men, which sounds like a band of transexuals... I love a little futa action every now and then, buyt my team needs to sound badass! Something a bit like: X-Force!! whaddya think?

Sounds lazy and uninspired, but it's YOUR TEAM, so call it whatever you like.
So, DP, who are the members of your Sex force?

No fair, dude! That's an even better name, but the bunch of uptight twatmuffins from the Comics Code Authoritah wouldn't allow it...
OK we have Domino... no relation to the pizza. I asked.
She gets lucky with Cable and she gets lucky... as in she has like really good luck.

Like Longshot?

Funny that you Mention Longshot, because my next Member IS from Mojoworld... Here's Shatterstar! He's gay!

Deadpool, just because he dresses gaudily, doesn't mean you can mock him that way!

No, dude! I mean he's bi. But that's not the most shocking thing about him. He's his father's son and his son's father...
Wade. We all are our fathers' sons and our sons' fathers...

I mean that his son is his father and his father is his son...

Holy grandfather paradox! And who's the angry hottie?

As a mandate, every Marvel team must have a Wolverine... my wolverine has bobs and vagene.

Holy crap! Little Laura has grown up!

Now can I do the review part?

Articulation:
Let's begin with Domino:
Her articulation seems to be on par with female Marvel Legends figures. She has a great range on her torso. My main gripe with Hasbro ML is their inability to do the splits.
4.0
Let's get cracking up on Shatterstar
The half-cape and pauldron hinder his arm articulation a little bit. Like Cyclops, he has a ratchet joint built on his shoulders. Other than that he's decent enough.
3.5
Now let's tackle X23
Her hair gets a bit in the way and her torso seems to be a bit too stiff.
3.5
DP: Alright team just like we practiced!!
Everyone for him or herself!!
Cable: That's not much of a strategy...
DP: Trust me Dig Bick... This will all work out...
Cable: what did you just call me?

Paint and sculpt
So, Domino is mostly in black plastic with a few gunmetal, silver and white accents. Her face sculpt is really beautiful. I could see parts of her being used for a more "commando" Mystique.
4.5
Shatterstar looks like Shatterstar and that includes the silly half-cape with gigantic pauldron and the soarring helmet... TBH, I only bought him because if the grandfather paradox joke, Deadpool 2 reference and he cost me 8 bucks at KMart due to a blowout sale plus Shop Your Way rewards points or free cash when buying toys.
5.0
Laura, Laura, Laura... there is always something wrong with your figures... either the face gets made too chubby and cherubic, you end up like a black haired Avril Lavigne, or the snarling face makes you look like you're pushing 40.
Hopefully the Sauron Wave has a prettier looking second head for you.
3.5

Accessories:
All include a BaF piece. (Shatterstar includes a piece of Warlock, while X-23 and Domino have Sasquatch bits)

Domino: 2 guns
4.0
Shatterstar: his swords
4.0
Laura:
Do her claws count? Why doesn't she have her toe claws?
3.0
Juggernaut: MWAHAHAHA! I'M UNSTOPPABLE!!
PW: I can still sue the gem of Cyttoram out of you, unless you surrender.
Juggernaut: You don't scare me, little man...
PW: Need I remind you of Kuurth?
Juggernaut: I'll stand down...
DP: I love it when a plan comes together!!

Overall:
Not sure this team is good enough to stop the Juggernaut, Wade... I mean, Ms. LUCKY here got a 4.17 Shatterstar got a 4.17 and Loliverine got a 3.33 as her final score... I guess that my anti-X-23 bias may be because I don't like fully grown Laura and prefer her as a Lolita Wolverine.
But how did it go with Juggy?
X-Force!! Now with PhoeniX Wright...
Wait, you mean to tell me that a non-She Hulk Lawyer beat the Juggernaut? Eh, weirder stories have come out of the Toy Chest before...

No comments:

Post a Comment