Jun 4, 2018

Megaman Legacy Collection

I gave my first thoughts and kinda played the game. I think I'm ready to review: This will not be the standard review, seeing it is a collection of NES games, 1 SNES Game, 1 PS1/Saturn game, and 2 faux NES games and the 8-bit graphics and ancient controls would hurt the collection's score. So I'll treat the entire collection as a single game.
You lnow what's worse? The physical game only has 1-6... about 6Mb... I suppose the emulator must take some space, but it still feels like a ripoff.

Now unto the games themselves.
I've only beaten 1 and 2 from the collection. Started 3 and took a little peek at 4 and 5. So far, they feel just like I remember, but with a savestate function and a Prince of Persia Sands of Time Rewind option.

The savestate option and rewind are lost on 7 and beyond.
Everything else is traditional MegaMan.
Cute graphics, levels varying in difficulty, run jump and gun action, exploit the Robot Master's weakness, make Wily your bitch.

Thing is that this is the least rip-off version. Even if the girthier games are digital. PS4 has to buy 2 Discs for this collection. Now that is bullshit. The first 8 games fiy on a gamecube disc AND had the Power Battle games.

Only reason to buy this is because you're a hardcore MegaMan fan...

No comments:

Post a Comment