Sep 29, 2019

The petition to bring back Alan Oppenheimer as Skeletor is a bad idea.

Alan Oppenheimer is a Great Actor! That is a fact. His Skeletor is Iconic and most Skeletors (whether official or parody) have used Oppenheimer's version as inspiration.

But with that said, I don't want him back as Skeletor.


As you can hear here, Alan Oppenheimer sounds of a Skeletor. I have two Google search to see if Oppenheimer was doing Skeletor because it sounded like a good imitation of his Skeletor but not quite right. Even back when Super 7 released the curse of the three Terrors Oppenheimer's Skeletor was a bit off.

 it feels kind of dirty  to force a 90 year old man into reprising a role he made popular 36 years ago. And while it will sound a bit ageist I don't think Oppenheimer should reprise his role as Skeletor. I wouldn't say no to a guest role or for Oppenheimer help the new Skeletor voice actor to sound like classic Skeletor.

I understand the admiration for Oppenheimer's roll as Skeletor. Especially since I love his performance as the overlord of evil.  I simply disagree with having him play a role where he has to strain himself to reach the desired voice. After all Skeletor voice is not his natural voice.

 should he do a voice as a guest?  most definitely. But he should not be a regular...

I understand where the people signing the petition are coming from but out of respect towards Alan Oppenheimer I do not agree with it. Also it would be horribly weird hearing Oppenheimer playing Skeletor but not hearing John Irwin as He-Man, Lou Scheimer as Beastman, Trap Jaw, or Linda Gary as Teela.

2 comments:

  1. John Erwin was Beastman. Lou Scheimer was Trap Jaw and Orko.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh? I got my voices confused. I'LL Update this with the correction.

      Delete