Sep 2, 2019

20 TMNT Variants that would look amazing with a 4Horsemen update

OK before I start, I DON'T WANT TO SEE THE SUPER7 TMNT LINE FULL OF VARIANTS. This list is for vintage playmates Variants that I believe would look Radical if redone by the 4Horsemen. It doesn't mean we NEED to have them.

I will avoid variants that are too close to the Originals, like say  Wacky Action Turtles... since they're a new head and accessories. While I'm trying to stick to the vintage line, I may suggest some variants that may be off-limits to Super7.

1: Disguised Turtles set:
I loved these as a kid. Undercover Don was my favorite of the set. But I have a soft spot for Samurai Leo and Sewer Surfing Mikey.

2:Mutant Military:
I had the Turtle Tank and Leo was always riding it...  and with a couple more tmnt variants, I could make a Village Turtles set.
(Midshipman Mikey, Make My Day Leo, Chief Leo,  Crazy Cowboy Don, Cruisin' Leo, sewer cycling Raph as a construction guy substitute)

3: Super Shredder:
He was a vintage toy variant and my default Shredder after I replaced DJ Giant anorexic Oroku Saki. That premade pose he's in looks like he's about to drop a sick beat. But rhis might not be doable... red tape.

4: Robotic Bebop and Rocksteady:
The original dumbasses now cybernetic... a chrome domed nightmare. (And yes, that's a Chrome Dome reference)

5: warrior Metalhead Michelangelo:
It's a ridiculously lazy repaint so it's right up Super7's alley. I remember a friend had it and it was so cool!

6:undercover Turtles:
While the original variants were vanilla turtles with a new headsculpt and a cloth jacket, I'd like to have normal undercover turtles with plastic coats. This will also work as a nod to the cartoon.

7: Star Trek Turtles:
I know what you're thinking hey Neftyty but don't you complain about the turtles whoring themselves out into crazy variants like Star Trek?
True, but this crossover is so stupid that I lvoe it! Also, there's the legal red tape.

8: Wacky Action Slice and Dice Shredder:
While normally, the Wacky Actions are a big no-no, this Shredder looks sick!

9: Human Rocksteady and Bebop, Hamato Yoshi:
These would be based on the Mutatin' versions of Rocksteady, Bebop, and Splinter. Maybe extra hands, head and in Yoshi's case tail to recreate the action feature.

10: Robotic Foot Soldier:
No, not the chromed repaint of the normal foot soldier, but, a tribute to the Mutatin Foot Soldier with battle damage.

11: Movie Turtles:
What? Don't give me that look. Yes, I know what I said  about variants too similar to the Originals,  but they were a vintage toy variant... also, MOTUC-IZED Movie TMNT!! That is different from NECA'S SCREEN ACCURATE MOVIE TMNT! Not sure if there is some red tape here.

12: 2012 TURTLES "CLASSICIZED":
I Know this almost feels like filler, but think about it, new belts, new hands, new feet, new heads, legal red tape could stop this.

13: Ninja Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles:
You read that right. Basically, the TMNT dressed up as Ninja, like say: Leo dressed as a traditional Japanese Ninja, Donatello dressed as a "futuristic" Ninja (think Snake Eyes crossed with MGS4's Raiden) Raphael dressed like Shredder, and Michelangelo in a Blue with orange accents tracksuit.

14: "Mirage April and Casey":
This is a lazy repaint, but one that I would love... but thhe adhesive strips of crimson may be a problem.

15: "Press" April:
There was a running change of the April Oneil Figures were they removed the word press from a tag above her left breast. If the Super 7 release of April doesn't have to Wordpress on it I want to variant with the Word: Press above her left breast.

16: Cavewoman April:
Custom fodder anyone? She also is the most MOTU looking version of her. Also, s7 could do a Ninja repaint.

17: April the Ravishing Reporter:
What? It's April outside her banana onesie... no, I'm not thinking of repainting her like a GTA3 hooker...

18: Mirage inspired Fly Baxter:
Basically a Fly Baxter repaint where he looks African-American as his Mirage counterpart.

19: SuperMutations:
Like I'm going to make a list of crazy TMNT variant said it would be interested in and not include the Japanese Super mutations

20: Next Mutation:
Yeah, I went there... 4 turtles... nothing more...

BONUS:
THE ONE CRAZY VARIANT SET THAT CANNOT BE MADE
MOTUrtles:
Yes, that's right: a MOTU/TMNT crossover set:
He-Leo (basically, Leonardo in He-Man clothes with 2 heads, Filmation pageboy wig and 2002 wig)... Yes, I would like to have this signed by Cam Clarke!
Don-at-Arms, self explanatory.
Raph Fist, again self explanatory
Mikeyneck...
Shreddetor
Beast steady
Trap Bop
Krangdak

No comments:

Post a Comment