Sep 29, 2019

The DC Multiverse Alfred brings forth a big problem with Mattel's DC lines.

know it's over for Mattel and DC. But having Alfred really brought forward a HUGE, and I mean Yuuuuge problem.

There are no civilians in this line. I mean sure we have Clark Kent a crappy Bruce Wayne figure with articulation straight out of 1992 and Alfred maybe Lex Luthor in a suit but I'm not 100% sure... nope, not even that.

 I get it not everyone would be interested in action figures in a suit. But there are certain characters that should have gotten a civilian version or have certain supporting characters who are civilians.

Hell we don't even have an unmasked comic book Batman to put with Alfred.

We got a Clark Kent back when the line was called DC superheroes and that's it.
 no Lois no Jimmy Olsen no businessman Luthor. I'm not even asking for a man Park and or Perry White or Lana Lang. Just Lois Jimmy and Lex.  that would have rounded up Clark Kent's circle nicely.

 for Batman we got Alfred that's it.  not even a Bruce Wayne with modern articulation. He'll not even a Batman with interchangeable Bruce Batman heads.
For crying out loud we never got a comic book Jim Gordon. After Alfred and Bruce Wayne Jim Gordon is the only civilian we truly need. Sure, a Civilian Dick, Tim, Jason, Barbara, and Damian would be cool, but not necessarily essential.

Even some of Batman's criminals are civilians like Falcone, Hugo Strange... the closest thing we got was black mask and he has that funky black skull face.

It feels like a wasted opportunity but it's too late for that Mattel basically has to run its course with the DC license.

I'm just imagining what could have been I'm just imagining what could have been and it was beautiful.
And yes this rant stems from the fact that I bought a DC Multiverse Alfred! I got to hit with a realization that I have nowhere to put the faithful Butler. 



No comments:

Post a Comment