Sep 6, 2019

Thank you Mattel and Super7 For MOTUC

Since MOTUC is pretty much dead with Mattel going to Origns and Super7 locked out of doing Online Only MOTUC stuff, I would like to thank the teams that worked on MOTUC... That includes the Mattel teams (except Ruben Martinez) during the Neitlich era... Yes, I'm thanking you as well, Scott... The post-Neitlich era team... The Super7 team and most importantly, The FourHorsemen.
Digital River is not part of the teams I'm thanking...

Yes, I was very, VERY critical of the line. As I've said countless times, my criticism stems from a place of love and to PUSH Mattel to be THE BEST, since I KNOW that when they don't slack off, they do great. Sorry for the medium sized run-on sentence. When Mattel slacks off, they do bad. I didn't want them to do bad. But I'm not here to bitch about the past.

Despite the various hiccups along the way, Mattel and Super7 managed to deliver a super extensive MOTU Anthology. I am disappointed that the New Adventures Roster wasn't completed, BUT We did get 3 Characters who were part of NA but not made into toys. Hell, Queen Freaking Marlena, a True Adora, CRINGER (even if he's a statue) I was able to complete the Vintage Era, Princess of Power, partial New Adventures, and it kinda helped me to start customizing... But the craziest of crazy is that Super7 is giving us 1987 Movie He-Man, Skeletor, Chiquita Banana Skeletor, and Karg.

Basically, I surpassed my Childhood MOTU AND My College Era MOTU!!
Last but not least, the final Item is Snake Mountain, which is a shame that Mom missed out on that.

Despite the ego trips, design blunders, factory mishaps and all of the other crap that sucked the joy out of collecting the line, I'm thankful for it.

Once again:

Thank you, Mattel, Four Horsemen Studios, and Super7 for making the closest thing to a DEFINITIVE Masters of the Universe Line.

No comments:

Post a Comment