Sep 22, 2019

It came from the Toy Chest: Thor, Thor, Thor, Thor...

Did I mention I'm reviewing Thor? Because I am...
God of Thunder and Mighty Asgardian (not to be confused with an Ass Guardian).
Thor: Greetings equine self.
Bill: Did you just call me Horse-Thor?
Thor: Aye, how else am I did supppsed to calleth thee?
Bill: Beta Ray Bill!
Thor: Waiteth! Thee hath kept thy nameth?
Bill: Duh! Why would I want your name?
I got The Unworthy loose and the pics for Beta Ray Bill were deleted for some reason. So here we are...
Thor: T'is humiliating! Ev'ryone is
W'rthy of Mjolnir, except I!
Wolverine: By the Power of Asgard!
I AM WORTHY, bub!
Madripoor Logan, I got loose with Iceman. Might review them soon.

Fury: Wow! I never thought it would be this light!
T.Jane: Give me MY Hammer!
Fury: Hold your Beta Ray Bills, sugartits!
I'm here to mock your ex for a bit!
T. Jane: Oh, OK, carry on!
Thor: No respect! Just as Rodney from the Field of Danger sayeth.

Thunder Jane and Fury, I got loose as well, but haven't felt like reviewing them. In fact this is just the intro for the actual Thor Review: Marvel's 80th Anniversary CLASSIC Thor!
When you say Thor, THIS IS WHAT COMES TO MIND: Not the Heroic age, not the King Thor, Unworthy, Ultimate Universe... Not even Hemsworth!

Articulation:
Both Thor and Beta Ray Bill have similar articulation. And in most cases it works amazingly. The only real issue with Forest articulation is on his head where his articulation is blocked by his long hair and is flared cape.
4.0
Thor: Doth thou remembereth when
We were Hammer Brothers?
Bill: Yes.

Paint and sculpt:
Just looking at him it's the iconic look for Thor. From a scope point of view I really have no issues with him well maybe the hair and keep blocking a little bit of his articulation but other than that it captures the essence of Thor. 
Paint wise he is really great I actually love them or muted colors in him.
5.0
Thor: I miss my Mjolnir!

Accessories:
Mjolnir, extra hand.
 yeah Thor is a little bit short changed in the accessories department. Twirling mjolnir or maybe a lightning effect to put on the hammer would have been great!
4.0
Thor: Dost thou even Hoist?

Overall:
4.33 is Thor's final score. Out of the three 80th single figures, he's the "weakest one". Saw a Tony at FYE, but it was a tad too expensive. I'm working on getting a Cap. But if according to most reviews if this is the weakest of the three, I wish more figures were this weak!

Thor: Hoist! So commandeth Thor
T.Jane: You surrendered your name to me, bitch!
Thor: Me dammit!
The Unworthy is an OK figure, but Classic Thor is a superior figure.
Thor: Now this is Bovine Excrememt!
Mephisto: I'm Devil Thor now!

No comments:

Post a Comment