Jan 16, 2024

I jist finished Disc 2 of Final Fantasy VIII

 I had forgotten a ton of shit from that game. I was halfway through the second disc, when I realized I missed a GF. Specifically Diablos, which becomes unobtainable until the end of disc 4. So, I faced a tough choice:
-keep playing and get Diablos on Disc 4.
-restart the game.

I chose to restart the game. So I went through the first disc all over again. This time it took me a bit longer in order to ensure that I would get Diablos. Early today I beat the second disc. The remastered Edition enhancements were a great help to speed through the game.

R.I.P. Siren's Bush.


Even the old Action figure had her bushy glory. Now the side feathers were turned into a skirt.

Shiva's blue bush is still intact. But censorship is rampant with the game. 
RIP Rinoa's cleavage... I mean she was the least endowed character in that area, How is she supposed to get Squall if she isn't showing hom the goods!?
This is filler... but the game's too fucking short:

FF7 Disc 1:
-bomb 2 mako reactors
-become Aerith's bodyguard
-Infiltrate Corneo's house and save Tifa
-Return to Sector 7
-Infiltrate Shinra Building 
-Escape Shinra
-Go to Kalm
-Cloud Flashback
-Get Chocobo to cross swamp
-Reach Junon (Ft. Condor optional)
-infiltrate Upper Junon as a Shinra MP.
-cross the ocean and face Jenova
-Reach new Corel
-Visit the Gold Saucer and get framed.
-Get pardoned from Corel Prison
-Reach Cosmo Canyon with buggy.
-Help Red XIII to forgive his dad.
-Reach Nibelheim as Cloud begins his downward spiral.
-Reach Rocket Town to get an airplane.
-Reach Temple of the Ancients to get Black materia.
-Lose Black Materia and locate the City of the Ancients
-Girl becomes kebab and gets underwater burial. End of disc 1.

FF8 Disc 1:
-Fire Cave Tutorial
-Dollet SeeD exam mission
-Dance with Rinoa
-Sent on a mission to Timber (get Diablos from Cid before leaving)
-Laguna side story 1
-Train Mission
-Infiltrate Timber
-Fuck up mission and reach Galbadia Garden
-before Reaching Galbadia Garden, endure Laguna side story 2.
-Reach G.Garden and begin operation Kill the Sorceress.
-Go to Galbadia to be tested at the tomb of the unknown king.
-Return to Galbadia after the TotUK to OFFICIALLY start Operation Kill the Sorceress.
-Fail Mission end of disc 1

I beat FF8 Remastered Discs 1 and 2 faster than it took me to reach New Corel in FFVII.

I've been enjoying the game a bit more than I thought, but at the same time it still is fucking boring. Hopefully it gets better by disc 3, because disc 4 is TIME KOMPRESSION!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment