Jan 3, 2024

Revisitong FINAL FANTASY VIII: A rant

I  got FFVIII remastered for PS4. Well, Technically I got a PSN gift card for Christmas and well, I got a bit of a Nostalgic desire to play Final Fantasy VIII... so I bought FFVIII and other older Digital games and here we are. 

Intro of the PS1 game... still impressive for something made in 1997-1998 (approx)

Yikes! This remaster is awful. Not the game itself. That's a different can of worms that I won't touch upon. Blurry filters for backgrounds. Character models for the most part got cleaner textures and look nice... but extremely jarring next to the backgrounds. They didn't fix resolution in order to be used on modern screens... meaning that you'll have dull black borders surrounding about ¼ of your screen. 

But... Triple Triad... Now to reexperience Final Fantasy VIII 24 point-something years later.

As of the time of this writing, I BARELY passed the seeD exam... will update across the month and review the game.

I wish Xenogears and the PE games could get soulless cashgrabs like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment