Mar 28, 2017

It's Morphine Time!!

So, I saw Nu-Power Rangers twice... It was Morphinomenal! With that said: My criticisms about the busy designs... (Iron Man + Guyver) My dislike for Rita being a Fallen Green Ranger... (This is spoiled in the first 3 minutes of the movie...) is still as strong. Mostly because this will devalue Rita the moment
the New Version of Tommy shows up...

Goldar was Frigging Lame!! He was a non-sentient "Mega Putty Patroller" made out of molten gold...

Now that I got my main nitpicks out of the way, let's move on to the new nitpicks that arose while watching the movie...

It was trying to be too Edgy. The whole Teenagers with Attitude thing making them a bit too dark and they tip-toed around the whole Trini being gay thing. they were a bit more blunt about it than Disney's "Gay LeFou", but they still let it as implied, not fully stated.

It's "Too American"...

All the cool Katas are now gone... Pretty much everything that had a hint of Uniquely Super Sentai was scrubbed off and replaced with Generic American Superhero Movie tropes.

I know what you're thinking, "but a lot of that stuff is corny/lame!"
I would have to say that it KINDA is, but at the same time, the corny Sentai stuff made it feel a bit more Alien. (OK I like the quirkiness of the Katas)

Other than that, the movie is pretty enjoyable. I found it far more entertaining than I thought... And yeah there are two Mighty Morphin Cameos in the end...


No comments:

Post a Comment