Jan 1, 2018

The Switch: the rant...

You know I have a Switch. I couldn't wait for the Wisemen to come. (They'd probably give me socks and underpants as 🎁 🎁 🎁)
Ooh look at me using emojis in 2018! That's so 2016!
So, the idea of being Mario and possessing my enemies like a demon sounds really nice, but I don't have Mario Odyssey. I haven't seen Ultra Street Fighter II or whatever it's called, so my options were rather limited... Super Bomberman, Breath of the Wild, or Farming Simulator something... Shame on me for getting one at the worst possible moment. Also, I haven't seen MVCI anywhere. 😭

I've only breathed the wild so far... Can't believe all that game fit into a tiny little flash cart that is slightly bitter.
But I can play Breath of the Wild while I 💩. OK, I could do that with the WiiU, theoretically speaking, but my bathroom is too far away from the WiiU for that to work. If my WiiU was closer to the Toilet, I could do that too.
In Portable mode, the Switch feels like a super skinny WiiU control pad.

Not a huge fan of docked mode, since I have to disconnect one of the other consoles to use the Switch. But it's REALLY portable even in docked mode... (And I thought the WiiU was portable)

Tabletop mode isn't that bad, but I have a tiny issue with it. It leaves the additional Micro SD memory port exposed.

I'm guessing that I'll use it a lot in Portable
Mode... Because let's face it, the Switch is nothing more than a glorified Handheld device. It's this generation's Gameboy and Super Gameboy rolled into one.

So, let's talk games. There's like 576 games for the console... Or there will be. Aside Nintendo first party games, most of what I've seen on website lists of Switch games is shovelware.
The games that have drawn my attention are:
Untitled Ace Attorney game. (You can put Ace Attorney on a 💩 and it might make me interested in it.)
Double Dragon 4
Bloodstained (cause there are no Castlevania games here)
Kunio-kun world classics collection (and that's a Japan Only game... Dammit)
LA Noire
MegaMan 11
MegaMan X collection
ShaqFu a legend Reborn... Screw you it's Shaq!
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary collection
Ultra Street Fighter II: the final challengers

That's a lot more than what I have for the WiiU, but I also skipped the first party entries, like Untitled Pokemon game, or Metroid Prime 4.

Ugh... Kinda getting a bit of buyer's remorse here. Some of those games will be available for PS4 and here I am putting them on the Switch list to pad it out. But the notion portable Street Fighter II (alpha3, or Third Strike) with 2 controllers makes the switch almost worth it... I want to believe in Nintendo and I'm glad there's some third party support, but I'm worried that certain publishers are afraid of the Switch being too gimmicky, like the Wii consoles.




No comments:

Post a Comment