Mar 3, 2022

Action Figure Woes: Preorders getting canceled...

With the current climate forcing most collectors to buy online, having an online exclusive being canceled AFTER SIX MONTHS FROM THE PREORDER DATE. Now there is nothing I can do. But it's OK! Disney gave me a $20 coupon to use on their site... yay...
I lost my chance at the X-Force 3 pack, but I could buy a figure from the old pegwarming Shang-Chi movie wave... yay...

I missed out on Domino, Cannonball, and Rictor, but I may or may not get a $3 Tony Stark AI figure... I don't know if this will go through based on my previous experience with the Online Disney store. This is like making reservations, then going to a steakhouse just to find out that they can't serve meat, but it's OK, they gave you a coupon for a free soda.

So if I want the 3 pack, I must pay scalper prices because Disney and/or Hasbro fucked up. That's what pisses me off the most. The idea of buying directly from Disney, was precisely to avoid the headaches of secondary market and not get raped on shipping like when buying from Hasbro Pulse who insist in using FedEx. This would've put the 3 pack in the $90 range counting taxes, shipping, and other costs. This wasn't me ordering from an Amazon vendor or eBay seller. This wasn't a Mom and Pop shop operation. This was Freaking Disney!! One of the biggest players in the game... How in blazes could they screw this up so badly!?  The point of the preorder was to avoid hassles... were the hassles avoided? NO!!

Now let's see if the $3 Ironman shows up. Well $9 with shipping and taxes.


No comments:

Post a Comment