Mar 3, 2022

Super7 made a dud wave... dude!!

 They finally pulled of a wave full of Stinkers...
There are 3 Variants in this wave:
Punk Rocker Donatello 
Robotic Bebop
Metalhead Michelangelo...


Let's start with the obvious:
Metalhead Michelangelo could have easily been an out of wave variant... like the GITD Baxter, or Mutagen Man. He didn't NEED to be in a 5 figure wave with a $75 figure in it... easy skip! I KINDA want, but most definitely do not NEED.

Punk Rocker Don isn't a bad figure. It's just that I didn't care about it as a kid, much less as an adult. Super Skip!! The accessories are cool, man! Don't want him, nor need him.

Robotic Bebop is the better of the variants, but it feels like a Filler Figure... as if they're stalling for the variants WE WANT cue the Big Daddy Diesel theme. Also, NECA MIGHT be doing their toon versions. Wonder if this was an attempt by Super7 to beat them to the punch... I kinda want him, but I don't NEED him. He's $55.

Technically speaking it's a 4 variant wave...
Hear me out. We ARE GETTING SGT. BANANAS, but the Archie Comics version of him, where he was known as Guerilla Gorilla. He's the $75 figure. The excuse is that he's 8" tall but 7.5" wide. This version is a smidge less silly than the Playmates toy. Like Robotic Bebop, I KINDA want him, but I don't NEED him. Oh the Harambe Rambo John Cena Jokes I could make...

Now the only "original" character is the Triceraton. He is an anomaly on the sole fact that he is NEEDED but I don't want him. But somehow he's only $55...

Right now I'm trying to convince myself into getting ANY figures from this wave. Right now only Harambe Cena is winning. .. seriously, the happy face looks like an Animated gorilla version of John Cena... and whether or not should I add Bebop or the Triceraton to the cart. Not both, but making a choice... or do I ditch cena and get Bebop and the Triceraton.

No comments:

Post a Comment