Mar 18, 2022

The 40th Anniversary He-Man figure: a rant

 Mattel revealed their 40th Anniversary He-Man figure. It's literally a Traditional He-Man done in Masterverse style. This was supposed to be a plain repaint of the normal Masterverse He-Man with  Viking He-Man spare head. 


The end result would've been super lazy as hell and kinda lame... Luckily for Mattel, Terry Higuchi fought a bit more for us and made this low budget bonus figure into something better...




So old yet so new
It seems rather interesting that we got these many new pieces:
Head
Torso
Harness
Shield
Left bracer

I'm glad that Higuchi fought against Mattel to get us a proper He-Man in Masterverse. I hope I can get one just for the new chest alone. This new Torso should become the standard in future Masterverse figures.

The only "disappointment" I have with the figure is that it's Vanilla He-Man. I mean, he could've gotten the boots from Viking He-Man and the knife to make a true OG He-Man based on the minicomics...

Other than that I love this figure. I wouldn't be opposed to a 40th Teela and Evil Lyn.
Hell, between New Eternia and 40th Anniversary, I'm feeling the urge to do some MOTU Themed Rants 

No comments:

Post a Comment