Sep 9, 2024

Day-o! Daaaaaaaaaay-o

 Daylight come and me want to go home!  I saw Beetlejuice Beetlejuice. I have to admit that I like the first one better... Don't get me wrong, this one wasn't bad. It was good, but I prefer the first one.

Something Something too much Jenna Ortega, too little Winona. Part of me feels like the whole movie was made to promote Ortega rather than give us an actual Beetlejuice sequel. The other part is all: shut up, Beetlejuice sequel.

So, they killed off Jeffrey Jones for obvious reasons. It's his death what moves the story, where Lydia and her estranged daughter Astrid return to the old Deetz (formerly Maitland) house. They're accompanied by Lydia's manager and her stepmom Delia. Lydia's has flashes of Beetlejuice. Meanwhile Beetlejuice, still obsessed with Lydia, is being hunted by the ghost of his ex wife, Delores. There's a bunch of references to past Beetlejuice media...

Here's the thing: We need a third movie... not so much for plot, though there Is some possibility there, even if it means a more Jenna Ortega-centric movie. For the sake of logic and symmetry.

We have Beetlejuice,  we have Beetlejuice Beetlejuice. We need Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice to complete the summoning. Also if you put the 3 BluRays or DVDs together you get summoning and dismissing Beetlejuice, closing the circle.


No comments:

Post a Comment