Sep 7, 2024

It came from the Toy Chest: Goongala again!? Again!?

 


This time is Super7's Casey Jones, Ultimates. I had 2 Casey Figures. The first was used as Casey and the second was the TMNT version of Nefty-kun, aka Nick R. Cade. This Casey is More Mirage inspired and is most likely going to be my default Casey. Since this is an official repaint of the last Casey, there will be some similarities between this and the previous Casey review.

Articulation 
Casey has articulation similar to that of Shredder. The only difference is in the waist.
Shredder only has a waist twist, while Casey has an awkwardly implemented ball joint, that sadly is a bit unsightly. Also, some figures have this joint seemingly frozen. Mine was frozen for 2 days until some warmth helped it get unstuck as well. 
I need to mention that his shoes block some ankle articulation.
4.0
There's not thar huge difference between them.
Not sure if I'll paint his sculpted hair, since the sculpt is less noticeable on this one.


Paint and sculpt 
Before I discuss this, I must point out that the engineering for the waist articulation was done wrong. The crotch part was made for a vanilla waist twist, while the lower torso was made for a ball joint. Super7 had 2 years to correct this but chose not to.
Other than that, he's vintage Casey in a more realistic set of proportions.

Painting, this Casey differs from Wave 4. This Casey is painted in Mirage styled Colors and this translates to even less shading than the vintage toy.
4.5

Accessories:
Here is where Super7 screwed the pooch. Not only Casey is MORE EXPENSIVE, but he comes with less stuff. No, I'm not talking about the vintage styled weapons rack. He comes with.
 2 less hands than the previous Casey. The c-grips with vertical hinge are gone and I can't use Toy Casey's as the skintones don't match.
Fuck it! 3.5

I don't care that the golf bag looks better in the new color or that the new colors for the weapons are cool.  The hands were pre-existing parts. Not cool, Super7, not cool at all
April: What the Actual fuck!? Casey!!
Karai: It's not what it looks like.
Casey: I just woke up next to Karai here.
April: Bullshit! I can smell the sex!
Casey: I was black out drunk!
Karai: He was. He had a wet dream, just as I did. In fact, this reminds me when I met an Incubus...
April: I know a guy that fits the description and I'm going to fucking kill him right now!
Casey: Do I know the guy?
Nefty VO: Don't look at me... 


Overall :
Casey gets a flat 4.0 as his final score. It pisses me off!! Since super 7 didn't do any tweaks. Or fixes to the figure, it carries the same defects as the previous version... Then we have less paint applications and less accessories, but it's a more expensive figure. The broken mask head is not that bad, but they should have given us a third head without any mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment