Oct 7, 2024

Half boy half girl the reboot: the rant

 I'm watching Netflix's Ranma½ in LatAm dub because fuck you that's how I watched the original and to make a fair comparison, I have to use the LatAm dub, since I'm not a fan if the English dub and I only saw a few snippets in Japanese. (Duolingo is no help here)

The artwork is pretty. There are SOME returning voices, namely Akane, Soun, and Kasumi... just checked the Jusenkyo guide returned as well.

Now I don't like the new theme... it's not bad, by any means, but it's too mellow and chill... yeah, Nostalgia is overriding my judgment. 

Aw lawd the censorship is far worse than expected!!
I was too lazy to look for the Austin Powers gag.


Not only conveniently placed objects censor the nippless Barbie boobs, Ranma has no buttcrack! She cannot poop! At least Barbie has a buttcrack!

90s Ranma wins in this department. At least the nudity warning contains ACTUAL Nudity. 

Fights are a bit better In 2024 though. So 2024 wins in this department. 

The true litmus test:

Happosai will be who determines which Ranma½ is better. Judging by the buttkess/nippleless Ranma, Happosai may be drastically toned down. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment