Nov 19, 2013

The He-Man Mobile game is a nice start...

But we need more. I've already ranted about a MOTU Game before... back when this blog was in diapers and I was more naive...
I still stand by my belief that we need a freaking MOTU Game. We have the app, but it's just not enough. Sure, a console game right now might be a bit more difficult in this console transition period, but, perhaps we should look towards social media app games.

I've played Marvel's Avengers Alliance for a while and a MOTU Game SIMILAR to that could work.
The menagerie of crazy characters... (MOTU, POP, NA, etc.) is similar to the Marvel Universe, even if it's a bit smaller. the "playable character" In Marvel's AA is a Generic S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent, which could be a Palace Guard in MOTU. S.H.I.E.L.D. can be replaced by The Kingdom of Eternos and the Sorceress. Skeletor, King Hssss, Hordak, Flogg can be the various leaders of evil factions. Not to mention that this theoretical game could help expand the MOTUC Narrative.

Why an Avengers Alliance "clone"? Well, it's one of the few types of games that can allow you to showcase the diverse powers of the MOTU Characters.

I guess Mattel is counting on the Movie for the big console tie-in-game, which let's face it is very likely to suck... (Based on most movie tie-in-games sucking major ass!) MOTU is a Tiny tiny line, or so I've heard. Promoting it could theoretically bring more customers to the brand. While Classics is ending, we still have the Mini Masters to promote the heck out of or *shudders* the NU52 MOTU...

Can't do a cartoon, can't do a movie, then do a freaking videogame. Nostalgia alone cannot support MOTU... New blood is needed. Then again, all these issues with MOTU stem from Mattel doing a little MOTU then putting it away for years. (I know, repeating myself and all that, but you know it makes sense.) We need He-Man out there. The Comic and the App aren't enough. The ball is on Mattel's court. They want MOTU to make a comeback, well, they need to make people aware of MOTU...


No comments:

Post a Comment