Nov 21, 2013

Russell Crowe goes Biblical

I know this is old news... Cause Noah's in the Old Testament and all that... (Dammit! I needed a Methuselah movie to make this joke work... Then again you can't spell Methuselah without Meth... Nah, still grasping at straws and reaching too far just to make a Breaking Bad reference...)
OK so here's the deal: Russell Crowe is Noah... as in the Biblical Noah.

He's got Hermionie, Hannibal Lecter, and the girl from Labrynth (who worked with Crowe on a Beautiful Mind) as his supporting cast... From the Director of The Fountain and that movie where Meg Griffin  has sex with Amidala... But it's still Russell Crowe and I have a problem with him... I fall asleep on his movies. I mean I LOVE Gladiator, but I always seem to fall asleep watching it. Same thing with Robin Hood. Now I'm not sure if it's Crowe + Scott = Nap time, but I have a slight fear of falling asleep with Crowe on the Screen. (which means wait till Noah is on DVD to watch.)

At first I thought it was the Gladiator Soundtrack...

Seriously, I use this as a lullaby. Then I saw Robin Hood and I was sawing logs. I tried Virtuosity and I stayed awake through the whole thing. So I saw Proof Of Life on VHS (feeling like a hipster right now) and I was awake through the whole thing.

I made it through A Beautiful Mind (not on the same day, mind you... Too much Russell Crowe can be a bad thing) Though I felt myself nearly dozing off.

I'm a bit afraid of Noah... I'm not a fan of Aronofsky's movies aside The Wrestler. Russell Crowe can be hit or miss to me. I also fear movies based on Religious Material because of all the controversy they can bring. The movie looks good and at least it's a movie without Jesus or Moses (since those are the 2 figures who get more movies). That reminds me I need to get The Man of Steel... It calls for a Super Review.

No comments:

Post a Comment