Aug 7, 2018

Alpha means Zero and Warriors dream of weird retcons... SF

Street Fighter Alpha series holds a dear place to my heart...
Yes, I'm talking about Sakura... what? If Terry Bogard can be a woman, what's wrong with loving Ryu's #1 fan?
Her theme is filled with passion, hope, and the innocence of youth! (And I'm sounding like a Konoha green tights wearing sensei)
Alpha series is an odd one, canonically speaking. It happens after 1 but before 2 and I believe that 2 and 3 retcon events from 1. Also events from 3 are non canonical *cough*Charlie Nash died in Alpha 2*cough*
Alpha 1 is the most bare bones of the series. Alpha 2 seems to be the better of all 3 (perfect bakance between roster and difficulty.) 3 has a superior rpster, but the difficulty skews from piece of cake to insanely hard at random intervals. Not to mention that the music in 3 feels a bit soulless. To be honest, I prefer Alpha over the III series of games. Sure, my nostalgic heart is with the II series, but Alpha is where the fun is at.

I know what you might be thinking: if this is a review, why aren't you going through the usual gameplay graphics controls etc.
Because I would be biased, ok... it's street fighter.
And the last of the CPS2 arcade boards sf games. Sf3 series was one of the few to use the CPS3 Boards.
Also, the Alpha series was the last SF series to have beautiful art style for their sprites. The animations in 3 are impressive, but the art style is ass... there, I said it. But the point is, if I go in too deep, I might end up nitpicking the hell about Capcom and their continuity or hiw they haven't made a Final Fight anniversary collection ...

No comments:

Post a Comment