Aug 19, 2018

I went and Saw Christopher Robin

I cried like a baby... My chances of a Second date with Marie are pretty much shot down.
But before I discuss Obi-Wan's home for imaginary friends, I need to talk Trailers.
Let's Start with Yondu's Return to Avengers 4...

I don't know how to feel about this. It's Mary Poppins, y'all... with a Sequel 54 years in the making.
Aside the Guardians reference, do kids these days KNOW who Mary Poppins is?

Then we have the Will Smith Biopic:

Will Smith chose to back out of the project, when they wouldn't let him play himself. He used Bad Boys 3 as his excuse. (I'm kidding on that last part... or the whole Will Smith biopic) but I'm less sure about this project than I was before. Seems like Timothy the mouse is gone... Also, the Crows might be gone and Dumbo gets drunk in some other way. Also, missed potential in lacking Will Smith...

So, Christopher Robin... It's NOT for kids. I NEED TO MAKE THIS CLEAR
This Movie IS NOT FOR CHILDREN!! Sure there isn't anything gory, violent, or erotic that would require a higher rating, but the movie IS NOT FOR CHILDREN.
Did I make myself clear? The movie deals with an Adult, weary Christopher Robin who is FORCED to find himself when Pooh returns into his life. A LOT of the movie is dull and boring TO LITTLE KIDS... I had one of those behind me and apparently its mother kinda got angry when someone said Oh Herrod! It wasn't me, honest... (I really love it when a girl and I share common interests, in this case Misanthropy) The movie is basically: The Mid-Life Crisis of Christopher Robin.

I will be honest here... The Hook story wasn't what got me... Brad Garrett was a decent replacement for Optimus Prime as Eeyore (bonus fact: He HAD VOICED Eeyore before in OTHER Disney media). Pooh and Tigger being voiced by Tim Cummings helped a lot...
The sad version of the Winnie the Pooh theme was one of my triggers. The next was the animals themselves. I don't know how to describe it, but they seem to have this aura of "Childhood" and "Innocence" about them that triggered my Tear ducts.

It's a great movie, but unlike Hook, this one is more towards the adults trying to reclaim some innocence.

No comments:

Post a Comment