Jan 1, 2023

It came from the Toy Chest: The Foot Glows

 

I already showed the GITD Foot Soldier in an earlier rant about army builders. Now I have to review him. In the words of Chris Pratt: Let's a go!

This is a Foot Soldier that glows in the dark.

Articulation 
He's the same as the previous Foot Soldier. Basically a MOTUC sans Ab-crunch. He's cast in a milky translucent GITD Plastic...

Be very careful with the elbows, knees, and wrists.

I had to use the hairdryer to slightly warm up the joints before moving them for the first time.
4.5
Casey: Crap! They don't make Foot Soldiers like they used to!


Paint and Sculpt 
The paint is minimal on the figure. I THINK the head is painted, sinxs the eyese seem to be the same color as his shirt, but the purple paint on the mask makes them look darker. There are silver accents for the straps. The foot insignia is painted. The pants and forearm protectors don't glow. Personally, if they were going for GITD, I would've preferred to have full GITD action... it would've required using the current blue glow  GITD plastic for the blue parts. White plastic that glows green for the grey parts of the Foot Soldier and purple glow GITD plastic for the purple parts. That way the normal color scheme of the Foot Soldier is preserved and we have the GITD Gimmick.

I  didn't mention the sculpt since it's literally the normal Foot Soldier... this is the only highlight of the figure.
3.5

Accessories 
Here is where we differ from the original.
We have no extra rack, just translucent weapons.
3.5


Overall
I have to say that the 3.83 score is disappointing. I blame the price hike and less accessories as the biggest culprits. Don't get me wrong, it's not a BAD figure, but it isn't that great either. It's a more expensive Foot Soldier with a bad color palette and eith less accessories. I'm trying hard to justify this purchase, but I feel like I got ripped off  DESPITE KNOWING FULLY WHAT I WAS GETTING INTO. I don't know what else to say that I haven't said. If you're s sucker... for glow in the dark stuff, maybe this is a  winner for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment