Jan 20, 2023

It came from the Toy Chest: Hang Ten Sewer Dude!

 


Cloacal Surfer Michelangelo is here. I got him for less than retail at Entertainment Earth. He's the Michelangelo variant from the disguised turtles wave. The other figures from that wave are Leonardo the sewer samurai, Raphael this space case and lastly Donatello the undercover turtle. Out of the four we've gotten two of them, Raphael will be coming soon. For some reason Donatello hasn't been shown and I'm waiting for that figure. We have two Donatello variant figures coming but none of them is the undercover turtle. Enough about that let's talk Michelangelo.

With Michelangelo being there more fun-loving Turtle of the group it would make sense to have him being in a sporty fun activity. That's how we got sewer surfing Michelangelo. 


Articulation:
Our green dude has a standard Super 7 articulation. Surprisingly the added animal friends don't block the articulation as much as I expected. He doesn't feel that loose and the big flippers allow for better stability.
4.5


Paint and sculpt:
This isn't a faithful recreation of Vintage with added articulation... This is actually a MOTUC version of the Vintage figure. Paint and sculpt are updated to more modern standards, while remaining close to the original. I do have a few nitpicks: The yellows were supposed to be neon green, his flippers are a bit too thick and the left one is missing a hole where his Crab could be plugged in. The surfboard is missing the holes to plug the crab and the orange star thing. These inaccuracy issues bother me, but not enough to deteact points 
5.0


Accessories:
Removable glasses
Extra hands
Extra head
Surfboard with removable leg strap for Mike.
The crab
2 star things
3 pucks of wax
2 nunchucks
Vintage styled rack with most of his accessories in orange plastic.
Like I said earlier, I miss the ability to plug stuff to the board and figure. I had to paint eyes on the crab since it was unpainted. I chose black eyes because I remembered seeing crabs with black eyes.


I'm worried about the colored nunchucks being ridiculously soft. They're a bitch to put in Mikey'd hands. They're almost as bad as Slash's.
They're cool looking but nearly useless.
5.0


Overall:
Mike gets a 4.83  as his final score. He's a great figure. They went above and beyond on the figure for the most part. I honestly miss the ability to have the crab surf with Mike. I don't mention the second head too much because it is a little bittersweet. It looks cool and funny, especially for inappropriate photos. At the same time it might be an ominous sign. Wacky Action TMNT may not happen... if they don't,  I wish we could get an accessory pack with the Wacky Action Accessories for the Turtles.

No comments:

Post a Comment