Jan 4, 2023

It came from the Toy Chest: DC hates guns, but guns ARE HIS THING

 


Or they were until DC decided to give Jason Todd a crowbar once again... I have a Red Hood figure... This one is the Gotham Knights version. Yes, I'm well aware of my hodgepodge approach at collecting these. Comic book Nightwing, Arkham Knight Batman, Gotham Knights Red Hood... I blame Todd McFarlane for that uncohesive approach. I'm  aware that Todd McFarlane has released a couple of Red Hoods, but this one was under $10.

 I just need to get the Arkham City Catwoman, and Todd to make a Spoiler and an Alfred Pennyworth to complete the Bat-Family members I give a damn about.

Articulation 
Red Hood has the standard Articulation or a McFarlane figure... in retrospect, 2002 me would be surprised to see the amount of articulation that McFarlane is currently using. His joints are a bit stiff and the ball joints at the wrists are scary stiff. Todd didn't make a torso overlay for Red Hood like he did with Arrow...
4.5

Paint and sculpt 
He resembles the Gotham Knights version of Red Hood. There are no paint issues on mine.
5.0
Batman: That's-
Red Hood: Rubber Bullets, old man...
I don't agree with your One Rule, but for old times sake, I'm playing by your rules. I mean it would be stupid of me running around with a sword or a crowbar...
Damian VO: I heard that, you Ungrateful douche! MOM RISKED A LOT TO BRING YOU BACK!! I'M GONNA TELL HER YOU WERE BULLYING ME!!
Red Hood: Damn, your kid is creepy...



Accessories
Irrelevant stand and card (everyone has those)
Gun finger hands.

No smoke bombs or any of the other stuff he uses in the game.
It's a good thing that Gun Fingers can't be used for anything corrupted or perverted.

The saddest thing is that McFarlane makes a gun pack for Spawn, but customers bought it to bypass DC's bullshit. At the same time Todd doesn't give Jason a pair of gripping hands. That's how Todd covers his ass.
3.5
Overall
Jason Todd gets a 4.33 as his final score. It's a decent score, but dammit, Todd McFarlane, he needed 2 gripping hands!
Batman: Alright, let's get ready for the Bat-Family Photo.
Everyone except Batman, Red Hood, and Alfred: Do we have to?
Batman: One Goddamned Bat-Family Photo. All I'm asking for is for One Bat-Photo of us together as a Bat-Family. .. Don't ruin this for me because MY PARENTS ARE DEAD!!
Red Hood (sniffling): I can't believe I'm still considered family! Especially since the Old Man didn't look for me or avenge my murder!
Batman: This isn't the time for this Jason...
Red Hood: "It NEVER IS THE TIME" with you...
Red Robin: Jayce, he actually looked for you for a while. He even got to the point to almost breaking the One Rule for you... if you want to blame someone for him not killing Joker, blame me... I REPLACED you!
Red Hood: Tim, stay out of this. I know what you're doing...
Robin: Shut up, Drake! Nobody likes you!
Batgirl: I like Tim... he's a nice guy!
Robin: Wow, Drake, Grayson's girlfriend have to save your ass... speaking of which, where's the bimbo?
Batgirl: Damian, that's not a nice way to talk about Stephanie!!
Robin: Wow. That's what you think about Spoiler!? That's cold and I'm Damian...
Nightwing: He got you there Babs!
Batgirl: Shut up, Captain Ass!  Are you really posing to show off your Amazing Ass?
Nightwing: Of course! I've been doing it simce I was 10...
Red Hood: The whole Booty shorts and pixie boots was all you?
Nightwing: Of course! I needed to make sure I was bootilicious for the fangirls...
Red Hood: But you were 10!
Nightwing: I grew up in the circus. I knew how to promote myself... Teen titans were partially funded by Robin Posters showcasing my fabulous ass! Teen girls were crazy about my ass... and nonhetero fans too... Yo, Tim! Doesn't your boyfriend have a poster of me?
Red Robin: Actually he HAD one... I tore it after he said my ass was inferior to yours. He's right, but it stings
Robin: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Tim got butthurt because he's got a crappier butt than Grayson! Bwahahahaha!
Red Hood: Dude, tone down the villain laugh!
Batman: Alfred! Where the Hell are Orphan, Spoiler, Signal and Catwoman?
Alfred: Miss Kyle is still at the Big Bad Toystore. Master Thomas is dealing with the McFarlane case and should be here soon. Probably a bit after Miss Kyle shows up. As for Miss Cain and Miss Brown, They have been radio silent for a while.
Batman: Another year and Bat-Family Photo is ruined! I'm going out on League Business!!


Azrael: Another year goes by and the invotation to the Bat-Family photos gets lost in the mail... Help me St. Dumas!
Damian VO: They never get lost in the mail. We just don't invite you! Now go cry to your saint dumbass!


No comments:

Post a Comment